Thread: "Coach of the Year ... NOT!" award

Legend

User Info Menu

"Coach of the Year ... NOT!" award

It might be fun to vote for the coach who made the least out of the most, the one whose team underachieved the most of all of them.

I thought of Wade Phillips for a moment, then I realized Romo actually isn't all that good.

My vote at this point would go to Norv Turner - one of the best teams in the NFL, playing like some skittish pansies when it counted on the big stage.

And no, I DON'T think Tomlin deserves the award - I think our D is just REALLY bad, it's not like they underperformed.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: "Coach of the Year ... NOT!" award

Could care less... I'm just ecstatic about the fact that the Future HOF (or so the talking heads say) Philip Rivers is going to be sitting at home during this year's Super Bowl.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

They should wait for the SB result before handing out anything of the year. I'm on my "has to count for something" kick right now. The latest ... playing big under pressure has to count for something.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    They should wait for the SB result before handing out anything of the year. I'm on my "has to count for something" kick right now. The latest ... playing big under pressure has to count for something.
    They don't wait because they're regular season awards.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'd give the award to Gary Kubiack every year until the Texans make the postseason...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    They should change the definition. Right now Rex Ryan is looking REALLY GOOD.

Legend

User Info Menu

Right now Rex Ryan is looking REALLY GOOD.
    I bet no woman has ever uttered those words.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    They should change the definition. Right now Rex Ryan is looking REALLY GOOD.
    They don't wait because after the Super Bowl nobody cares. That's why they give regular season awards and announce them during the playoffs.