Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LMAO - AP Coach of the Year

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

LMAO - AP Coach of the Year

MARVIN LEWIS. That guy cant coach his way out of a paper bag.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: LMAO - AP Coach of the Year

only when you have failed so miserably for so long and set the bar impossibly low - can you consider marvin as COTY. The fact he simply made the playoffs is a miracle and due largely to the Steelers and the Rats collapsing and handing him the division. It's like when Chad Pennington earned comeback player of the year. When asked about it he commented 'i must have really sucked before'. winner winner chicken dinner......
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I think they are picking out of a grab bag for the awards this year. It's obvious the Jets are being blackballed. Rex Ryan must have taken a dump in someones shoe.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sean Peyton??? He gave up some salary to bring in Greg Williams to coach the defense at it worked out great.

Norv Turner??? NFL Nice guy who after a rough start and injuries got this team to the 2nd seed.

Rex Ryan??? Playing good football w/ a rookie QB when it counts and beat Marvin Lewis head to head in Cincy.

Jeff Fisher??? Brought his team within playoff reach after a 0-6 start.

Wade Philips??? has the Cowboys playing championship football

MARVIN LEWIS???? started off great but at the end of the season this team was stale and unfocused. Beating the Steelers 2 times was their greatest accomplishment this season and it has them sitting at home!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I could give a crap about most of these awards...Why not wait until AFTER the Super Bowl to vote for these things? I would think getting your team to a league championship should factor in strongly, since (last time I checked) winning the Super Bowl is the #1 goal for NFL teams.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think in addition to the increase from 4 to 10 wins (think going from Ryan Fitzpatrick to Carson Palmer at QB had a little bit to do with that?), voters figured in that he managed to hold the team together in spite of numerous tragedies during the season such as the death of Mike Zimmer's wife, the death of Chris Henry, and impact that the devastating tsunami in Samoa had on numerous players of Samoan descent on the team (Peko, Fanene, Maualuga all likely had family on the island).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I may be in the minority but I don't have a problem with this. The Bengals beat the Steelers twice, Ravens twice, won 10 games and the AFC North. It's a pretty nice turnaround considering they finished 4-12 last year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    I may be in the minority but I don't have a problem with this. The Bengals beat the Steelers twice, Ravens twice, won 10 games and the AFC North. It's a pretty nice turnaround considering they finished 4-12 last year.
    beating us meant little this year... I feel like conference games are like college. You can get up to beat a rival because you know their tendencies..

I think the Bungles are built to be 10 game winners every year.. Lewis and co. find ways to lose.. like we did this year.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    I agree with you. This kind of stuff makes Steelers fans look jealous or somethin. I think if I were a Bengals fan and read this, I would be LMAO at Steeler's fans reactions. Lewis seems like he is a good guy. Congrats to him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Marvin was a solid LB coach for us before heading to Baltimore to become a D.C. and then to Cincinnatti to become a H.C. Considering that he works for Mike Brown (second only to Al Davis for incompetance among executives who fancy themselves as talent evaluators), he's doing a reasonably good job with the Bengals.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.