Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bringing back Hampton is Steelers' top priority...

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Bringing back Hampton is Steelers' top priority...

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Casey Hamptons job is to clog the middle. Every great NT looks unheathy and overweight. When his production declines then I will worry about his work ethic.

I don't need my NT to talk like Hines or have the focus of Peyton Manning. I need him fat and stout. Do you know what years Casey was lazy in the offseason? He has been with us long enough to prove he has the talent.
    The only question I have...is how much better would he be if he came to camp in shape? Its anyones guess.
    I don't know... but I think Casey still brings it. I think his way works just fine. Maybe he figured out training camp is all he needs. I don't see why people want Casey to change... It's not like he is on IR or getting beat at the end of games.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Then a good team chef is also going to have to be a high priority. :P

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If the Steelers feel 100% they need him back next year, franchising him is a must. Don't sign him up for a longer term deal or anything.
    @_Hellgrammite

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    If the Steelers feel 100% they need him back next year, franchising him is a must. Don't sign him up for a longer term deal or anything.
    Agreed and/or draft Terrence Cody.
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

Backup

User Info Menu

yeah have him drop 50 lbs and watch him get pushed all over the place then instead of everyone saying he has weight issues they can say he is washed up. Give the man the contract and also let him run the ball in short yardage situations and earn his pay, that solves 2 problems.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Those of you that feel Casey is too old, or lazy, or not worth the money- what evidence is there of this?

Are you going on Casey's lack of conditioning at Training Camp 2 years ago?

How did that effect his play?

The Steelers Run-D is still elite, and Hampton is a big part of that.

Can't understand where this 'lazy & overpaid' stuff is coming from.
    The other great argument for letting Casey go is that Hoke is just as good as a replacement. Remember when Casey went down and Hoke played almost the entire season while maintaining the elite level of D?

That was 2004 - 6 years ago by next season. And Hoke is more than a year older than fat, lazy, old Casey.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think Casey played at a higher level this year than he has for the last 3 or 4 years. I don't know whether it's because it was a contract year or not. That is my only reservation with re-signing him.

Casey seems to play great when he is motivated but meh when he has nothing to play for. I think his contract needs to be incentive laden if we do resign him ... or like others have said just franchise him. That will keep him motivated.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Don't sell Hoke short...

I saw him catch Randy Moss behind the line of scrimmage the last time the Steelers played the Pats...

I also saw him drop into coverage against GB and disrupt a 3rd down pass play...

I would have no qualms staring Hoke, one year older than Casey or not...

That being said, Casey should be a Steeler next year...but, if he isn't, I don't worry about Hoke...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorCal-Steeler
    yeah have him drop 50 lbs and watch him get pushed all over the place then instead of everyone saying he has weight issues they can say he is washed up. Give the man the contract and also let him run the ball in short yardage situations and earn his pay, that solves 2 problems.
    Muscle weighs more than fat. Maybe he should work out in the weightroom harder and put down the fork a little more.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=Mister Pittsburgh]
    Quote Originally Posted by "NorCal-Steeler":1b8q18z2
    Muscle weighs more than fat. Maybe he should work out in the weightroom harder and put down the fork a little more.[/quote:1b8q18z2]
    If muscle weighs more than fat... Casey is the Hulk.

Are you suggesting Casey gain more muscle mass which would mean more weight... and since he isn't going to get any taller we would call him fat and lazy?

The guy is a NT... Being fat and low anchored is the number one priority.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"