Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Steelers interviewing Al Everest for ST

  1. #11
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    23,516

    Re: Steelers interviewing Al Everest for ST

    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    So we're bringing in a freelancer to interview for the ST coordinator job?
    I don't think calling for a reverse on a punt return would require the blessing of your head coach. Something like a fake punt or an onside kick would, but you have to let your assistant coaches actually coach. If he saw something in the other team's coverage that made him think that a reverse on a punt return would work against this team, then it is hard to blast him for it just because the players botched the handoff, resulting in a fumble.


    Final Ruthless Mock:
    1.22 CB Marcus Peters, 6'0" 197 lbs., Washington
    2.56 FS Damarious Randall, 5'11" 196 lbs., Arizona State
    3.87 TE Clive Walford, 6'4" 251 lbs., Miami
    4.121 DE Henry Anderson, 6'6" 294 lbs., Stanford
    5.160 WR Titus Davis, 6'1" 196 lbs., Central Michigan
    6.199 OLB Kyle Emanuel, 6'3" 255 lbs., North Dakota State
    6.212c OLB Max Valles, 6'5" 251 lbs., Virginia
    7.239 RB John Crockett, 6'0" 217 lbs., North Dakota State

  2. #12
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,640

    Re: Steelers interviewing Al Everest for ST

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    So we're bringing in a freelancer to interview for the ST coordinator job?
    I don't think calling for a reverse on a punt return would require the blessing of your head coach. Something like a fake punt or an onside kick would, but you have to let your assistant coaches actually coach. If he saw something in the other team's coverage that made him think that a reverse on a punt return would work against this team, then it is hard to blast him for it just because the players botched the handoff, resulting in a fumble.
    Yeah.... I think the HC needs to know about that.
    Bell was fishwhacked, and it was obvious. Where there is piss, there is fire. - Moonie

  3. #13
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    23,516

    Re: Steelers interviewing Al Everest for ST

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    So we're bringing in a freelancer to interview for the ST coordinator job?
    I don't think calling for a reverse on a punt return would require the blessing of your head coach. Something like a fake punt or an onside kick would, but you have to let your assistant coaches actually coach. If he saw something in the other team's coverage that made him think that a reverse on a punt return would work against this team, then it is hard to blast him for it just because the players botched the handoff, resulting in a fumble.
    Yeah.... I think the HC needs to know about that.
    Does Tomlin need to know when Arians calls an end around to Santonio or Wallace on offense? Seems like the same basic thing to me.


    Final Ruthless Mock:
    1.22 CB Marcus Peters, 6'0" 197 lbs., Washington
    2.56 FS Damarious Randall, 5'11" 196 lbs., Arizona State
    3.87 TE Clive Walford, 6'4" 251 lbs., Miami
    4.121 DE Henry Anderson, 6'6" 294 lbs., Stanford
    5.160 WR Titus Davis, 6'1" 196 lbs., Central Michigan
    6.199 OLB Kyle Emanuel, 6'3" 255 lbs., North Dakota State
    6.212c OLB Max Valles, 6'5" 251 lbs., Virginia
    7.239 RB John Crockett, 6'0" 217 lbs., North Dakota State

  4. #14
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: Steelers interviewing Al Everest for ST

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    So we're bringing in a freelancer to interview for the ST coordinator job?
    I don't think calling for a reverse on a punt return would require the blessing of your head coach. Something like a fake punt or an onside kick would, but you have to let your assistant coaches actually coach. If he saw something in the other team's coverage that made him think that a reverse on a punt return would work against this team, then it is hard to blast him for it just because the players botched the handoff, resulting in a fumble.
    Yeah.... I think the HC needs to know about that.
    Does Tomlin need to know when Arians calls an end around to Santonio or Wallace on offense? Seems like the same basic thing to me.
    It is the same basic thing.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •