Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers interviewing Al Everest for ST

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Re: Steelers interviewing Al Everest for ST

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    So we're bringing in a freelancer to interview for the ST coordinator job?
    I don't think calling for a reverse on a punt return would require the blessing of your head coach. Something like a fake punt or an onside kick would, but you have to let your assistant coaches actually coach. If he saw something in the other team's coverage that made him think that a reverse on a punt return would work against this team, then it is hard to blast him for it just because the players botched the handoff, resulting in a fumble.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I don't think calling for a reverse on a punt return would require the blessing of your head coach. Something like a fake punt or an onside kick would, but you have to let your assistant coaches actually coach. If he saw something in the other team's coverage that made him think that a reverse on a punt return would work against this team, then it is hard to blast him for it just because the players botched the handoff, resulting in a fumble.
    Yeah.... I think the HC needs to know about that.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Does Tomlin need to know when Arians calls an end around to Santonio or Wallace on offense? Seems like the same basic thing to me.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Does Tomlin need to know when Arians calls an end around to Santonio or Wallace on offense? Seems like the same basic thing to me.
    It is the same basic thing.