Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Steelers interviewing Al Everest for ST

  1. #11
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Steelers interviewing Al Everest for ST

    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    So we're bringing in a freelancer to interview for the ST coordinator job?
    I don't think calling for a reverse on a punt return would require the blessing of your head coach. Something like a fake punt or an onside kick would, but you have to let your assistant coaches actually coach. If he saw something in the other team's coverage that made him think that a reverse on a punt return would work against this team, then it is hard to blast him for it just because the players botched the handoff, resulting in a fumble.


    Difference maker in the middle needed to replace Shazier.

    Offer picks 1.28 & 3.92 plus WR Martavis Bryant to ARZ for pick 1.15. They only have 5 draft picks now, plus their WR's are undersized (John Brown & J.J. Nelson both 5'10") or old (Larry Fitzgerald 35 y.o.).

    Gets us ahead of BAL at 1.16, who's looking to replace the retired ILB Zach Orr.

    1.15 Georgia ILB Roquan Smith 6'0" 225
    2.60 Stanford FS Justin Reid 6'1" 204

  2. #12
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Steelers interviewing Al Everest for ST

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    So we're bringing in a freelancer to interview for the ST coordinator job?
    I don't think calling for a reverse on a punt return would require the blessing of your head coach. Something like a fake punt or an onside kick would, but you have to let your assistant coaches actually coach. If he saw something in the other team's coverage that made him think that a reverse on a punt return would work against this team, then it is hard to blast him for it just because the players botched the handoff, resulting in a fumble.
    Yeah.... I think the HC needs to know about that.
    1) Chidobe Awuzie - CB, Colorado.
    2) Tim Williams - LB, Bama.
    3) Josh Jones S, NCState.
    3 Comp) Isaiah Ford, WR - VTech.
    4) Kareem Hunt - RB, Toledo.
    5) Josh Dobbs - QB, Tenn.
    6) Greg Pike - G/OT, Georgia.
    7) Isaac Rochell - DL, ND.

  3. #13
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Steelers interviewing Al Everest for ST

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    So we're bringing in a freelancer to interview for the ST coordinator job?
    I don't think calling for a reverse on a punt return would require the blessing of your head coach. Something like a fake punt or an onside kick would, but you have to let your assistant coaches actually coach. If he saw something in the other team's coverage that made him think that a reverse on a punt return would work against this team, then it is hard to blast him for it just because the players botched the handoff, resulting in a fumble.
    Yeah.... I think the HC needs to know about that.
    Does Tomlin need to know when Arians calls an end around to Santonio or Wallace on offense? Seems like the same basic thing to me.


    Difference maker in the middle needed to replace Shazier.

    Offer picks 1.28 & 3.92 plus WR Martavis Bryant to ARZ for pick 1.15. They only have 5 draft picks now, plus their WR's are undersized (John Brown & J.J. Nelson both 5'10") or old (Larry Fitzgerald 35 y.o.).

    Gets us ahead of BAL at 1.16, who's looking to replace the retired ILB Zach Orr.

    1.15 Georgia ILB Roquan Smith 6'0" 225
    2.60 Stanford FS Justin Reid 6'1" 204

  4. #14
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Steelers interviewing Al Everest for ST

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    So we're bringing in a freelancer to interview for the ST coordinator job?
    I don't think calling for a reverse on a punt return would require the blessing of your head coach. Something like a fake punt or an onside kick would, but you have to let your assistant coaches actually coach. If he saw something in the other team's coverage that made him think that a reverse on a punt return would work against this team, then it is hard to blast him for it just because the players botched the handoff, resulting in a fumble.
    Yeah.... I think the HC needs to know about that.
    Does Tomlin need to know when Arians calls an end around to Santonio or Wallace on offense? Seems like the same basic thing to me.
    It is the same basic thing.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •