Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cowher waiting on Giants job, per Bus

Legend

User Info Menu

Cowher waiting on Giants job, per Bus

[url="http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2010/01/14/2010-01-14_jerome_bettis_says_bill_cowher_waiting_on_giant s_head_coaching_job.html?r=sports&utm_source=feedb urner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nydnrss %2Fsports+%28Sports%29"]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... 8Sports%29[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Cowher waiting on Giants job, per Bus

I heard about this on M&M this morning. I can't remember what source they cited. It could be a good fit. They have serious problems on D and Cowher seems more of a D-oriented guy.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Bus is rarely correct in his comments now off the field.

They aren't about to fire their coach who just recently won for a guy that won 1 in 15 years.

Cowher didn't want to go to Buffalo or Cleveland, which is not surprising. He'd obviously love Carolina. I don't know what he would have done if Washington or Dallas looked his way.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

now I remember seeing that the panthers were not going to pick up the option on john fox's contract, so does that mean he may not be back,,,if that is the case than would it not be a slam dunk shoe in that cowher takes the carolina job.....the panthers come here next year, I would think that would be a primetime game

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't know why anyone in Cowher's current position would want to put himself in New York. I totally get that the payoffs (both financially and career-wise) are potentially great, but so is the chance for scrutiny.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would assume Cowher is waiting for the Carolina gig. NC State guy. Living in Raleigh. Current coach heading into last year with the team looking bad. Cowher could become governor of NC if he wins in Charlotte.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Cowher though people would be all over him the minute he said he would go back into coaching. Uhhh no one but the Bills cared not even the Redskins who a while back were supposedly going to offer him 10 mill/season. Seems that he's getting a taste of reality here.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Cowher never said that he's going back into coaching. Nor did he say that he wasn't going to go back into coaching. He worked with the best owner in the NFL for so long, he's waiting for another opportunity with an owner with that type of personality who is willing to pay him. Snyder has money, but goes through coaches like it's his job. Buffalo may be moving to Canada once Ralph Wilson kicks the bucket. Cowher is biding his time and can afford to do so.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Various reports did say Cowher was assembling a coaching staff this off season in preparation to get back into coaching....just sayin
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Rookie

User Info Menu

I'm not disupting what various reports said.

I'm only pointing out what Cowher himself did or did not say...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.