Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cowher waiting on Giants job, per Bus

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Cowher waiting on Giants job, per Bus

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    I don't know why anyone in Cowher's current position would want to put himself in New York. I totally get that the payoffs (both financially and career-wise) are potentially great, but so is the chance for scrutiny.
    I agree. I'm sure he has made his money, and he won a Super Bowl. Why subject yourself to the scrutiny of the NY media?

Legend

User Info Menu

If Cowher is waiting for something similar to what he had in Pittsburgh, then the Panthers and the Giants make sense, since the Rooneys are closest with the Maras and the Richardsons among league owners. Those three were always together at league functions (you don't see Rooney hanging out with Al Davis, Jerry Jones, or Dan Snyder at the owners' meetings).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Snyder has money, but goes through coaches like it's his job.
    Well, technically, that IS his job
    My Steeler Blog:
    [url="http://www.skinablog.com/topics/sports"]http://www.skinablog.com/topics/sports[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    If Cowher is waiting for something similar to what he had in Pittsburgh, then the Panthers and the Giants make sense, since the Rooneys are closest with the Maras and the Richardsons among league owners. Those three were always together at league functions (you don't see Rooney hanging out with Al Davis, Jerry Jones, or Dan Snyder at the owners' meetings).
    Thankfully...

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't get his desire to coach in the NFL at all. He has it made in the studio.

I might see him in the NCAA ranks though. He works less and makes big dollars there. If they would recycle Kiflin, they would drool over Cowher. Can you imagine his recruiting draw?
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    I don't get his desire to coach in the NFL at all. He has it made in the studio.

I might see him in the NCAA ranks though. He works less and makes big dollars there. If they would recycle Kiflin, they would drool over Cowher. Can you imagine his recruiting draw?
    Only problem is when he in a recruit's living room giving an impassioned speech about his school and his team, there is always the danger of hocking a loogie on the kid's mother. That could be bad for recruiting.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.