Thread: Omar Khan Staying Put?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Omar Khan Staying Put?

Hopefully?

The Seahawks are wrapping up interviews with their four finalists for the vacant general manager position and expect to narrow the field to two by the weekend, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. Those two men then will meet with team owner Paul Allen, and a final decision will be made.

Omar Khan (Steelers), Floyd Reese (Patriots), John Schneider (Packers) and Marc Ross (Giants) were the four men who traveled to Seattle this week for interviews. New head coach/executive vice president Pete Carroll was a part of the process, sources said, spending multiple hours with the candidates.

Carroll’s comfort level with the GM is paramount in this search. Of the four finalists, the only one Carroll has ties to is Reese, who coached with him in Minnesota from 1985 to 1989.

Carroll remains interested in close friend and former NFL personnel executive Pat Kirwan to be a part of the organization, but sources said the NFL.com analyst wouldn’t be in a top personnel role. Instead, he would be an assistant to the head coach should he come to Seattle.

UPDATE: The Seahawks have in fact narrowed their search to two finalists, one of whom is Reese, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
    [url="http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/01/14/seahawks-moving-closer-to-hiring-gm/"]http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/01/14/seahawk ... hiring-gm/[/url]
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Omar Khan Staying Put?

Khan is the other finalist. Sorry no link....you're going to have to trust me on this one.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    Khan is the other finalist. Sorry no link....you're going to have to trust me on this one.
    Found a link. From the Post-Gazette:

The Seattle Seahawks have narrowed their search for a new general manager to two men, including Steelers' executive Omar Khan.

Khan, who has been the team's lead negotiator and salary cap monitor the past nine years, and Floyd Reese are finalists for the job in Seattle. Reese is the former general manager of the Tennessee Titans from 1994 to 2006 and now an advisor for the New England Patriots.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Interesting no mention of Pat Kirwan from NFL Radio/NFL.com. He's definitely in the mix for something. He said he wasn't able to talk about it when a fan asked him on the show today
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

I like listening to P.K. and T. Rock on my ride home each day. I would hate to see him leave Sirius NFL Radio (not as much as I would hate to see the Steelers lose Omar Khan, though). I'll be crossing my fingers that Floyd Reese gets the job in Seattle.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.