Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Bobby April to Eagles

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler calmkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    1,343

    Bobby April to Eagles

    Eagles nab Bobby April
    Posted by Mike Florio on January 14, 2010 3:47 PM ET
    As former Bills special teams coordinator Bobby April was being pursued by the likes of the Steelers and the Redskins, another candidate for his services was gliding under radar.

    And that candidate has landed his services.

    The Eagles have announced that April has been hired to take over Philly's special teams. He replaces special teams coordinator Ted Daisher.

    The fact that the Eagles didn't fire Daisher until they had the newest bird in the hand allowed them to chase April discreetly.

    The Eagles also have terminated the contracts of strength and conditioning coach Mike Wolf and assistant strength and conditioning coach Jay Merlino.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!


    22 CB Marcus Peters Washington
    56 TE Maxx Williams Minnesota
    87 RB TJ Yeldon BAMA
    118 G Josue Matias FSU
    152 OLB Jordan Hicks Texas
    183 DT Tyeler Davison FRESNO STATE
    214 WR Mario Alford WVU

  2. #2

    Re: Bobby April to Eagles

    Crap. That is too bad -- I was really hoping that the Steelers would snag him.

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,946

    Re: Bobby April to Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    Crap. That is too bad -- I was really hoping that the Steelers would snag him.
    Eh. It's Special Teams....they're not important!

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer SteelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,309

    Re: Bobby April to Eagles

    It's almost always a matter of money and we rarely win bidding wars.......

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Yakima, Washington, United States
    Posts
    1,390

    Re: Bobby April to Eagles

    Wasn't April our ST coach in 01'? If memory serves me, our ST sucked that year too.

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,427

    Re: Bobby April to Eagles

    I wasn't opposed to him, but was he really the be all to STs?
    I remember him being really raw raw personality, but how has he done since he left?
    I can't remember much about Buffalo except a year or so ago, they Parrish returning well.

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer SteelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,309

    Re: Bobby April to Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler
    Wasn't April our ST coach in 01'? If memory serves me, our ST sucked that year too.
    No, he coached in the mid 90's for a couple of season's....I remember Cowher screaming at the dude a lot, but cant remember our ST's effectiveness.

  8. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,400

    Re: Bobby April to Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones
    I wasn't opposed to him, but was he really the be all to STs?
    I remember him being really raw raw personality, but how has he done since he left?
    I can't remember much about Buffalo except a year or so ago, they Parrish returning well.
    I know the Buffalo ST's lost the Pats* opener.... for that reason alone I'm good...

    I'm not a coaching specialist but I think fans tend to love coaches AFTER they leave but hated them when they were here. I can't remember one year our ST's was lights out..maybe in the 80's but we sucked so who cares. I liked the onside kick in the 95 SB was the only memory I have of our ST's coming up big.
    Bell was fishwhacked, and it was obvious. Where there is piss, there is fire. - Moonie

  9. #9
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    22,603

    Re: Bobby April to Eagles

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones
    I wasn't opposed to him, but was he really the be all to STs?
    I remember him being really raw raw personality, but how has he done since he left?
    I can't remember much about Buffalo except a year or so ago, they Parrish returning well.
    I know the Buffalo ST's lost the Pats* opener.... for that reason alone I'm good...

    I'm not a coaching specialist but I think fans tend to love coaches AFTER they leave but hated them when they were here. I can't remember one year our ST's was lights out..maybe in the 80's but we sucked so who cares. I liked the onside kick in the 95 SB was the only memory I have of our ST's coming up big.
    Bobby April was our special teams coach when that onside kick was called in SBXXX.


    1.22 OLB Alvin "Bud" Dupree, 6'4" 269
    2.56 TE Clive Walford, 6'4" 251
    3.87 CB Alex Carter, 6'0" 196
    4.121 OT Donovan Smith, 6'6" 338
    5.160 FS Kurtis Drummond, 6'1" 208
    6.199 WR Stefon Diggs, 6'0" 195
    6.212c CB Cam Thomas, 6'0" 195
    7.239 OLB Obum Gwachum, 6'5" 246

    Priority UDFA's:
    RB John Crockett, 6'0" 217
    RB Corey Grant, 5'9" 201
    DE B.J. Dubose, 6'4" 284
    DE Martin Ifedi, 6'3" 275
    FS Jordan Haden, 5'11" 200
    P Spencer Roth, 6'4" 227

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,491

    Re: Bobby April to Eagles

    Does this mean the Danny Smith (ST-Redskins) rumors heat up?
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •