Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Mass exodus: Ray Horton to U of Houston?

  1. #1

    Mass exodus: Ray Horton to U of Houston?

    Steelers' coaching turnstile continues
    New o-line coach hired; Khan finalist for Seahawks GM job

    By Ed Bouchette and Gerry Dulac


    The Seattle Seahawks have narrowed their search for a new general manager to two men, including Steelers' executive Omar Khan.

    Khan, who has been the team's lead negotiator and salary cap monitor the past nine years, and Floyd Reese are finalists for the job in Seattle. Reese is the former general manager of the Tennessee Titans from 1994 to 2006 and now an advisor for the New England Patriots.

    Also, another Steelers defensive coach may be on his way out. Ray Horton, who has coached the secondary the past six years, is a candidate for defensive coordinator at the University of Houston.

    Linebackers coach Keith Butler is a candidate for defensive coordinator with the Miami Dolphins and defensive assistant Lou Spanos, a defensive assistant, took a job as linebackers coach with the Washington Redskins.

    Earlier today, the Steelers officially announced that former Buffalo Bills offensive line coach Sean Kugler will coach their offensive line, while tKugler is the first new coach Tomlin hired, replacing Larry Zierlein, who was fired. Kugler was part of a Bills coaching staff that was let go after the regular season.

    Over the past three seasons, not one coach changed on Mike Tomlin's staff. However, last week Zierlein and special teams coach Bob Ligashesky were fired and quarterbacks coach Ken Anderson retired.

    Wide receivers coach Randy Fichtner may become the quarterbacks coach and Tomlin then would be looking to hire someone to coach the wide receivers.


    Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10014/10 ... z0ccdA4QAR
    Woman: "Sir, what have you given us?"
    Benjamin Franklin: "A Republic, madam, if you can keep it."

    [youtube:razli5ow]KFXuGIpsdE0[/youtube:razli5ow]

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler calmkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    1,357

    Re: Massive exodus: Ray Horton to U of Houston?

    I ****ing hate your sig.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!


    22 OLB Eli Harold UVA
    56 CB Kevin Johnson Wake
    87 RB TJ Yeldon Bama
    121 TE Jeff Heuerman OSU
    160 CB Darryl Roberts Marshall
    199 G Mark Glowinski WVU
    212 OLB Kyle Emanuel NDS
    239 WR Mario Alford WVU

  3. #3
    Backup
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    423

    Re: Massive exodus: Ray Horton to U of Houston?

    Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    I bad word hate your sig.
    Seriously.

  4. #4
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,753

    Re: Massive exodus: Ray Horton to U of Houston?

    U of Houston has a terrible D so he would be a great fit. Our DB's, outside of Troy..... are the worst in football IMO.. Ike is fast but he is blind as a bat. Our ball hawking skills are pathetic...

    3rd and ______ (insert a number, any number) and our DB's will find a way to give it up.

    Troy must ignore everything the DB coach has ever said.
    Bell was fishwhacked, and it was obvious. Where there is piss, there is fire. - Moonie

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer Iron Shiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Splash Play City, OH
    Posts
    3,637

    Re: Massive exodus: Ray Horton to U of Houston?

    It sounds like Khan and Pat Kirwan are the final candidates.

    Kirwan is on his Sirius Radio show right now and a fan asked something about him interviewing and he pretty much hushed up and said he can't talk about it. I'd have to think Kirwan gets it given his relationship with Carroll (he was Pete's GM in his Jets days.).
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

  6. #6

    Re: Massive exodus: Ray Horton to U of Houston?

    Unfortunately, this is what happens when you are the best franchise in football and you don't make the playoffs...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+# up and wear it.

  7. #7
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,753

    Re: Massive exodus: Ray Horton to U of Houston?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    Unfortunately, this is what happens when you are the best franchise in football and you don't make the playoffs...
    What? People come after the guys you aren't emotional about keeping?

    If there are any coaches on our staff worth keeping we should match the offer.
    Bell was fishwhacked, and it was obvious. Where there is piss, there is fire. - Moonie

  8. #8

    Re: Massive exodus: Ray Horton to U of Houston?

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    What? People come after the guys you aren't emotional about keeping?

    If there are any coaches on our staff worth keeping we should match the offer.
    It isn't always about money, however...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+# up and wear it.

  9. #9
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,753

    Re: Massive exodus: Ray Horton to U of Houston?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    What? People come after the guys you aren't emotional about keeping?

    If there are any coaches on our staff worth keeping we should match the offer.
    It isn't always about money, however...
    if not money then what? advancing? I think it's great that coaches who feel like they have done all they can here move on. I don't want guys around here going through the motions.
    Bell was fishwhacked, and it was obvious. Where there is piss, there is fire. - Moonie

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Massive exodus: Ray Horton to U of Houston?

    Quote Originally Posted by PSU_dropout43
    Steelers' coaching turnstile continues
    New o-line coach hired; Khan finalist for Seahawks GM job

    By Ed Bouchette and Gerry Dulac


    The Seattle Seahawks have narrowed their search for a new general manager to two men, including Steelers' executive Omar Khan.

    Khan, who has been the team's lead negotiator and salary cap monitor the past nine years, and Floyd Reese are finalists for the job in Seattle. Reese is the former general manager of the Tennessee Titans from 1994 to 2006 and now an advisor for the New England Patriots.

    Also, another Steelers defensive coach may be on his way out. Ray Horton, who has coached the secondary the past six years, is a candidate for defensive coordinator at the University of Houston.

    Linebackers coach Keith Butler is a candidate for defensive coordinator with the Miami Dolphins and defensive assistant Lou Spanos, a defensive assistant, took a job as linebackers coach with the Washington Redskins.

    Earlier today, the Steelers officially announced that former Buffalo Bills offensive line coach Sean Kugler will coach their offensive line, while tKugler is the first new coach Tomlin hired, replacing Larry Zierlein, who was fired. Kugler was part of a Bills coaching staff that was let go after the regular season.

    Over the past three seasons, not one coach changed on Mike Tomlin's staff. However, last week Zierlein and special teams coach Bob Ligashesky were fired and quarterbacks coach Ken Anderson retired.

    Wide receivers coach Randy Fichtner may become the quarterbacks coach and Tomlin then would be looking to hire someone to coach the wide receivers.
    Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10014/10 ... z0ccdA4QAR
    If Ray Horton leaves it will be great. Steelers DB suck except Troy.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •