Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Divisional Round Predictions

Re: Divisional Round Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe
    I think there is no way the Colts beat the Ravens and Chargers!!

The Ravens can RUN the ball and have a good enough defense to contain Manning's attack. Ray Rice and McGahee are clicking at the right time. So lets say the Colts squeak by, then they gotta face those pesky Chargers.

I'm pulling for the Chargers in the AFC and the Vikings in the NFC.

They say Norv is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet and Rivers getting a ring would make everyone forget about 1983's QB class and 2004 will be the greatest ever, especially if Schaub has a great career.
    It's not a given that SD beats the Jets. IMO, all indicators point towards a Jets victory.

I guess I am negelcting a glaring factor in my Chargers easy win theory: N-O-R-V! That guy is bad in big spots over the years.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Pro Bowler

[quote=Iron Shiek]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Iron Shiek":1qd1mglo
    Arizona 34 New Orleans 27
    Arizona. New Orleans finished with some very shaky wins before their final 3 losses. They can apparently go into a funk. They haven't played a meaningful game now in 4 weeks. Kurt Warner's experience will overcome.

Minnesota 24 Dallas 17
    The week of rest will give MIN the advantage. They finished the season with a meaningful game and came up big against the Giants. AP will eventually wear down the Dallas D. Percy Harvin will give MIN an edge in STs play.

NY Jets 24 San Diego 16
    The Jets, having the strongest ground game in the league, combined with SD's poor run D will translate into lots of problems for SD, problems which they won't be able to solve in the air as Reevis will shut down half the passing game by himself.

Indianapolis 31 Baltimore 17
    Manning will shred the Baltimore secondary, unlike the lame effort by Brady. Without those same turnovers they got in Foxborough, the Ravens D will eventually wear out and a hobbled Flacco just won't be able to overcome.

Revis can't cover Gates, who will hurt the Jets the most down the seam. And if they give Gates a ton of attention, passes to Sproles out of the backfield all day long will kill them. Malcolm Floyd on one deep route will be enough to throw the Jets d into disarray. They usually go for it early.
    Reevis won't be assigned to Gates. He'll be assigned to Vincent Jackson. The Jets also have the #1 D, having allowed 8 total passing TDs ALL SEASON. It's not just Reevis. You do have a good point about Gates though. So Reevis won't be shutting down half of the passing game, just one-third of it.

Also, the NYJ are the #1 rushing O. SD is giving up 4.5 YPC. That's a recipe for domination of ToP, limiting the SD offense's opportunities.

Barring brain-farts by Sanchez, I like the Jets. But the running game should be so dominant that it should take all of the pressure off of Sanchez. Sanchez' problems have also been mainly in cold weather situations. Not the case in SD.

That is why I didn't even mention Vincent Jackson in my assessment, but did mention Sproles/Floyd/Gates. Revis can't cover everybody! But I also recognize there's professionals on the rest of the defense too, but Gates a tough cookie to cover, match up nightmare. Rivers should have his way with this defense as long as they can come up with some semblance of a running threat (which can be questionable at times).[/quote:1qd1mglo]

Them I'm guessing SD is your favorite to win the SB. If Rivers can have his way with the #1 D then he can have his way with everyone else.

Pro Bowler
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!

I hate every remaining team...therefore I will not watch. I will instaed watch NFL Presents "Renegade" in honor stlrz d
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Them I'm guessing SD is your favorite to win the SB. If Rivers can have his way with the #1 D then he can have his way with everyone else.
    I don't know. Their lack of an effective D will catch up to them. I just think Sanchez isn't the one that will expose it (even though they run the ball 80% of the game!).

I think Colts come alive amidst all this laying down scrutiny and win the AFC.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    I don't know. Their lack of an effective D will catch up to them. I just think Sanchez isn't the one that will expose it (even though they run the ball 80% of the game!).

I think Colts come alive amidst all this laying down scrutiny and win the AFC.
    What I'm thinking is that since the Jets have the #1 rushing attack and SD is #20 in run D, Sanchez won't need to expose them as the constant threat of run will keep putting him in favorable situations. I think it will turn up much like it played out against CIN where he finished 12/15 for 182 yards (12.1 YPA) and a 139.4 QB rating.

Backup

Write it down!

Saints, Vikings, Colts, Chargers all win this weekend.
    <a href=http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img356/1595/smuj2.jpg target=_blank>http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img356/1595/smuj2.jpg</a>
    ~Props to AS, my sig Consigliere~

"Even the strongest man needs friends.... Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger."
    ~ Don Lucchesi to Vincent

sling it

Saints, 34-27
    Vikings, 24-20

Colts, 27-20
    Bolts, 28-17

Legend

Iron Sheik came close... along with Mafia and dude who's name I refuse to type. lol.

Pro Bowler

I told you so. J - E - T - S!!!!!!!

Actually, I feel kinda bad for LT.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by PSU_dropout43
    I like the Cardinals, Cowboys, Ravens and Chargers.
    I guess this is just not your "Jimmy the Greek" bust out week.