Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Divisional Round Predictions

Legend

Re: Divisional Round Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    Revis can't cover Gates, who will hurt the Jets the most down the seam. And if they give Gates a ton of attention, passes to Sproles out of the backfield all day long will kill them. Malcolm Floyd on one deep route will be enough to throw the Jets d into disarray. They usually go for it early.
    The Jets have good LB's too.... it's not just Revis. They are good all around on D.. it won't be as easy as you think. They have nothing to lose but the game.. Chargers will be tight once again.

Hall of Famer

I am supporting following teams to win:

NO Saints, Vikings, SD Chargers, Ravens

But following teams will win:

Cardinals
    Cowgirls
    Chargers
    Colts
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel
    I am supporting following teams to win:

NO Saints, Vikings, SD Chargers, Ravens

But following teams will win:

Cardinals
    Cowgirls
    Chargers
    Colts

You sure you're a Steelers fan?

Cardinals
    Ravens
    Cowboys
    Chargers

The following week...

Chargers
    Cowboys

The following week...

The AFC...and you thought I was going to pick the SB here

The following week...

Chargers are your 2009/2010 SB champs

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Pro Bowler

if the steelers would of just.......

cardinals over the saints,
    I dont mind the saints, but other than a few big blowout wins against a down N.E. team and them beating up on the new york tems, they have not overly impressed me, the defense is still suspect and i expect the cardinals to put points up and win in a shootout, i think it will be the best game of the week again.

colts over the rats,
    I still just dont think the rats are that great, they have a tremendous run game, and because of it they hit the jackpot on the first paly of the game, they were up 21-0 before new england knew what happened, the colts will not make dumb mistakes like the pats. Manning will play like Ben, determined to win a super bowl with good play, bc rememember manning was horrible in the playoffs the year they won the super bowl.

vikings over the cowboys,
    this is one i am not to sure of, i hate the cowboys like i do the rats and pats, so that is why i am saying this, i really do not know though

chargers over jets,
    the chargers are due, this is their year, they will beat the colts in the afc championship, and it wont be a colt choke it will be the chargers being better..the charger defense is its achillis heel but their offense willl make up for it..

I think there is no way the Colts beat the Ravens and Chargers!!

The Ravens can RUN the ball and have a good enough defense to contain Manning's attack. Ray Rice and McGahee are clicking at the right time. So lets say the Colts squeak by, then they gotta face those pesky Chargers.

I'm pulling for the Chargers in the AFC and the Vikings in the NFC.

They say Norv is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet and Rivers getting a ring would make everyone forget about 1983's QB class and 2004 will be the greatest ever, especially if Schaub has a great career.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    Arizona 34 New Orleans 27
    Arizona. New Orleans finished with some very shaky wins before their final 3 losses. They can apparently go into a funk. They haven't played a meaningful game now in 4 weeks. Kurt Warner's experience will overcome.

Minnesota 24 Dallas 17
    The week of rest will give MIN the advantage. They finished the season with a meaningful game and came up big against the Giants. AP will eventually wear down the Dallas D. Percy Harvin will give MIN an edge in STs play.

NY Jets 24 San Diego 16
    The Jets, having the strongest ground game in the league, combined with SD's poor run D will translate into lots of problems for SD, problems which they won't be able to solve in the air as Reevis will shut down half the passing game by himself.

Indianapolis 31 Baltimore 17
    Manning will shred the Baltimore secondary, unlike the lame effort by Brady. Without those same turnovers they got in Foxborough, the Ravens D will eventually wear out and a hobbled Flacco just won't be able to overcome.

Revis can't cover Gates, who will hurt the Jets the most down the seam. And if they give Gates a ton of attention, passes to Sproles out of the backfield all day long will kill them. Malcolm Floyd on one deep route will be enough to throw the Jets d into disarray. They usually go for it early.
    Reevis won't be assigned to Gates. He'll be assigned to Vincent Jackson. The Jets also have the #1 D, having allowed 8 total passing TDs ALL SEASON. It's not just Reevis. You do have a good point about Gates though. So Reevis won't be shutting down half of the passing game, just one-third of it.

Also, the NYJ are the #1 rushing O. SD is giving up 4.5 YPC. That's a recipe for domination of ToP, limiting the SD offense's opportunities.

Barring brain-farts by Sanchez, I like the Jets. But the running game should be so dominant that it should take all of the pressure off of Sanchez. Sanchez' problems have also been mainly in cold weather situations. Not the case in SD.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe
    I think there is no way the Colts beat the Ravens and Chargers!!

The Ravens can RUN the ball and have a good enough defense to contain Manning's attack. Ray Rice and McGahee are clicking at the right time. So lets say the Colts squeak by, then they gotta face those pesky Chargers.

I'm pulling for the Chargers in the AFC and the Vikings in the NFC.

They say Norv is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet and Rivers getting a ring would make everyone forget about 1983's QB class and 2004 will be the greatest ever, especially if Schaub has a great career.
    It's not a given that SD beats the Jets. IMO, all indicators point towards a Jets victory.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Minnesota 24 Dallas 17
    The week of rest will give MIN the advantage. They finished the season with a meaningful game and came up big against the Giants. AP will eventually wear down the Dallas D. Percy Harvin will give MIN an edge in STs play.
    Everyone came up big against the Giants. Matt Moore looked like Marino and put up 41 on the Giants D. They gave up over 40 points in 5 losses this year and packed it in early this year on D.

I like Dallas because of their domination of the Saints in a must win game in the dome. I hate Romo but they are rolling right now.[/quote]

I think Dallas has been rolling more because their running game has been on a roll. Now they are facing the #2 run D in the league. Prior to that they faced Eagles twice (#9 run D), Washington (#16), New Orleans (#21), and the NYG (#14, but on a serious decline at the time).

The Dallas wins over Philly have been more a result of matchups. The win over NO was not very impressive. The Saints had been living very precariously for several games before Dallas. They almost lost to the Skins and would have if Suisham makes a chip-shot FG at the end.

Arizona 34 New Orleans 27
    Arizona. New Orleans finished with some very shaky wins before their final 3 losses. They can apparently go into a funk. They haven't played a meaningful game now in 4 weeks. Kurt Warner's experience will overcome.

Minnesota 24 Dallas 17

NY Jets 24 San Diego 16
    The Jets, having the strongest ground game in the league, combined with SD's poor run D will translate into lots of problems for SD, problems which they won't be able to solve in the air as Reevis will shut down half the passing game by himself.

Indianapolis 31 Baltimore 17
    Manning will shred the Baltimore secondary, unlike the lame effort by Brady. Without those same turnovers they got in Foxborough, the Ravens D will eventually wear out and a hobbled Flacco just won't be able to overcome.

Reevis won't be assigned to Gates. He'll be assigned to Vincent Jackson. The Jets also have the #1 D, having allowed 8 total passing TDs ALL SEASON. It's not just Reevis. You do have a good point about Gates though. So Reevis won't be shutting down half of the passing game, just one-third of it.

Also, the NYJ are the #1 rushing O. SD is giving up 4.5 YPC. That's a recipe for domination of ToP, limiting the SD offense's opportunities.

Barring brain-farts by Sanchez, I like the Jets. But the running game should be so dominant that it should take all of the pressure off of Sanchez. Sanchez' problems have also been mainly in cold weather situations. Not the case in SD.

That is why I didn't even mention Vincent Jackson in my assessment, but did mention Sproles/Floyd/Gates. Revis can't cover everybody! But I also recognize there's professionals on the rest of the defense too, but Gates a tough cookie to cover, match up nightmare. Rivers should have his way with this defense as long as they can come up with some semblance of a running threat (which can be questionable at times).
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285