Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Divisional Round Predictions

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Divisional Round Predictions

Cardinals @ Saints

Another shootout (but not quite a 96 point shootout like last weeks Cards-Pack game). The difference is the raucous crowd in N'Awlins. Kurt Warner retires after the game and Whisenhunt panics because he knows they will suck with Leinart as his starter. Since he'd rather have a vet lead his offense, he trades Leinart to Pete Carroll for a USC reunion in Seattle in exchange for Matt Hasselbeck, whose back problems get better on account of not playing behind the Seahawks o-line anymore.

Saints 38, Cardinals 34

Ravens @ Colts

Rusty Colts once again fall in their first playoff game after resting players at the end of the season before a bye week. Flacco doesn't have to do much this week either (more than 4-10 for 34 yards, though) because the Ravens are able to run up and down the turf. It would be interesting if longtime Raven Matt Stover had a chance to win the game for Indy with a long FG at the end...but missed it.

Ravens 23, Colts 21

Cowboys @ Vikings

The Tony Romo of Decembers and Januaries past re-emerges. Favre is surprisingly efficient while Romo becomes the turnover-prone gunslinger. Adrian Peterson gets sick of hearing about how great Chris Johnson is...and goes off for the first time in a while.

Vikings 21, Cowboys 9

Jets @ Chargers

Mark Sanchez is in over his head. While the Jets are able to run the ball reasonably well, it is not enough. They only have one Darrelle Revis, who is able to take Vincent Jackson out of the game, but that just means that Rivers throws to Gates and Floyd instead.

Chargers 27, Jets 13

Pro Bowler

Re: Divisional Round Predictions

I like the Cardinals, Vikings, Colts and Chargers.

Which means the Saints, Cowboys, Ravens and Chargers will win.

How do I know this? Because I'm always 1-3 in the first two rounds of the playoffs. Only one of the teams I like actually wins, which I'm guessing will be the Chargers this week. (Last week it was the Cardinals)

Book it...

Legend

Saints
    AZ has been there before but their D is awful and I think the Saints D will actually tackle, defend and do football moves.... Sharper will show you he should have been in the DPOTY convo as well.
    Saints will show how they copied the AZ late season tank method....they run more then you would think and it will keep AZ's O off the field.... The Dome will rock and they will party like it's 1999.. like they usually do

Dallas
    Vikes have struggled to run and Favre looks old again.. The Dallas D will have 6 to 8 sacks and Favre will refuse to come out leading to a comedy of errors and a chorus of boos. Childress gets put in a headlock by Brett when he tries to take him out the game.

Ravens
    Any other team would be wise to sit their star QB after clinching the #1 seed. Anyone but the Colts. Peyton has won another MVP which once again turns him into a throwback 1980 Heisman winner who stinks when the lights are on. Colts lose a close one and ESPN does a one hour special asking why there are rules in place that let a team blitz the MVP of the league.

Jets
    Don't ask me why I picked the Jets. I see them as a Cowher led knock off from the 90's. Great D, heavy run and a QB who makes you nervous when he drops back. Philip Rivers is good until the playoffs start. If he was playing the Colts he would win easily... but against a blitzing D he is trash in the summer on a long weekend..aka HOT GARBAGE! LT will get hurt in pregame and spend the whole game memorizing his excuse on why they should have won.

I think Cowboys will win vs the Vikings. This defense is playing pretty well lately and their O line is mashing. Vikings have some good talent though. Comes down to the wire, but I think the Cowboys get an early lead and manage to hold on.

Saints will blow out the Cards at home.

Echoing Ruthless, Sanchez won't get it done. Rivers will find his targets that aren't blanketed by Revis and win fairly easily.

Everyone thinks the Colts will stub their toe. Not me. They come out firing on all cylinders. They will force Flacco to pass to win, but will succeed unlike the Cheaters. Colts win comfortably.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

I like the Cardinals, Cowboys, Ravens and Chargers.
    Woman: "Sir, what have you given us?"
    Benjamin Franklin: "A Republic, madam, if you can keep it."

[youtube:razli5ow]KFXuGIpsdE0[/youtube:razli5ow]

Pro Bowler

Arizona 34 New Orleans 27
    Arizona. New Orleans finished with some very shaky wins before their final 3 losses. They can apparently go into a funk. They haven't played a meaningful game now in 4 weeks. Kurt Warner's experience will overcome.

Minnesota 24 Dallas 17
    The week of rest will give MIN the advantage. They finished the season with a meaningful game and came up big against the Giants. AP will eventually wear down the Dallas D. Percy Harvin will give MIN an edge in STs play.

NY Jets 24 San Diego 16
    The Jets, having the strongest ground game in the league, combined with SD's poor run D will translate into lots of problems for SD, problems which they won't be able to solve in the air as Reevis will shut down half the passing game by himself.

Indianapolis 31 Baltimore 17
    Manning will shred the Baltimore secondary, unlike the lame effort by Brady. Without those same turnovers they got in Foxborough, the Ravens D will eventually wear out and a hobbled Flacco just won't be able to overcome.

I WANT:
    Cardinals, Vikings, Colts, Chargers

I PREDICT:
    Saints, Vikings, Ravens, Chargers
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

Here's the Chris Berman version ... :P

Arizona 26 New Orleans 25
    New Orleans has 3 TDs and two safeties. Zona, down 7 at the end gets a 25 yard TD pass from Kurt Warner to make it 25-24. Then a botched kicked attempt turns into scoring pass for 2 points by Neil Rackers after a desperation lateral.

Minnesota 15 Dallas 11
    5 FGs for Minnesota. With under a minute to go Dallas, down 15-3, scores a TD and makes a 2 point conversion, but fails to convert the onside kick.

San Diego 37 NY Jets 34
    San Diego has 4 TDs, a FG and 3 safeties. Tied at 34 on the last play the Jets miss a long FG which is fielded by a San Diego player. In the wild ensuing return one of SD's linebackers has the presence of mind to drop-kick from 35 yards out. It converts and the game is over.

Indianapolis 17 Baltimore 15
    This game ends up being a play-for-play replica of the regular season matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    Arizona 34 New Orleans 27
    Arizona. New Orleans finished with some very shaky wins before their final 3 losses. They can apparently go into a funk. They haven't played a meaningful game now in 4 weeks. Kurt Warner's experience will overcome.

Minnesota 24 Dallas 17
    The week of rest will give MIN the advantage. They finished the season with a meaningful game and came up big against the Giants. AP will eventually wear down the Dallas D. Percy Harvin will give MIN an edge in STs play.

NY Jets 24 San Diego 16
    The Jets, having the strongest ground game in the league, combined with SD's poor run D will translate into lots of problems for SD, problems which they won't be able to solve in the air as Reevis will shut down half the passing game by himself.

Indianapolis 31 Baltimore 17
    Manning will shred the Baltimore secondary, unlike the lame effort by Brady. Without those same turnovers they got in Foxborough, the Ravens D will eventually wear out and a hobbled Flacco just won't be able to overcome.

Revis can't cover Gates, who will hurt the Jets the most down the seam. And if they give Gates a ton of attention, passes to Sproles out of the backfield all day long will kill them. Malcolm Floyd on one deep route will be enough to throw the Jets d into disarray. They usually go for it early.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

Minnesota 24 Dallas 17
    The week of rest will give MIN the advantage. They finished the season with a meaningful game and came up big against the Giants. AP will eventually wear down the Dallas D. Percy Harvin will give MIN an edge in STs play.[/quote]

Everyone came up big against the Giants. Matt Moore looked like Marino and put up 41 on the Giants D. They gave up over 40 points in 5 losses this year and packed it in early this year on D.

I like Dallas because of their domination of the Saints in a must win game in the dome. I hate Romo but they are rolling right now.