Thread: Pagac to Steelers?

Legend

User Info Menu

Pagac to Steelers?

Saturday, January 16, 2010
    Pagac to Steelers?
    [url="http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/"]http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/[/url]

I'm hearing rumors that Richeyville native Fred Pagac is very interested in joining the Steelers staff - though that opportunity may have dried up when linebackers coach Keith Butler declined Miami's overtures to become the Dolphins defensive coordinator.

Pagac has been the linebackers coach for the Vikings the past four seasons and his contract is up at the conclusion of this season. I'm told he and Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin are close from their days in Minnesota - where Tomlin was defensive coordinator for a season before joining Pittsburgh.

Pagac has coaching stops with Kansas City and Oakland in the NFL and was a longtime Ohio State assistant.

Would he possibly leave Minnesota to become specials teams coordinator for the Steelers? That's the only defensive opening the team currently has - outside of defensive quality control, a position he is overqualified for.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Pagac to Steelers?

So Butler turned down the Miami gig? Tells me maybe he is that much closer to taking over the reigns for LeBeau (assistant DC??). I think part of this will hinge on whether Tomlin makes a move on the 3-4, 4-3 scheme.

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Pagac to Steelers?

almost shat myself; my wee brain processed Pacman to Steelers. I would hate to have Mr. Skrip club on the team....although, having Manny Pacquiao on kick returns might be interesting....