yawn.

no name, street free agents.
    Woman: "Sir, what have you given us?"
    Benjamin Franklin: "A Republic, madam, if you can keep it."

[youtube:razli5ow]KFXuGIpsdE0[/youtube:razli5ow]

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers sign two ILBs?

Some more on this. Doggett appears to be special teams pick up and interesting comment about safety

WEDNESDAY, JAN. 13

2:15 p.m.: Voila! Just as I finished writing how much I liked Derrick Doggett in college, I learned Doggett has signed with the Steelers.

Doggett was a backup linebacker for the Canadian Football League's Winnipeg Blue Bombers, but had 27 special teams tackles in 15 games. As noted below, I liked this undersized OLB when he played at Oregon State and always wondered if he could play safety. Maybe the Steelers are wondering about it as well.

1:50 p.m.: According to Scout.com news hound Adam Caplan, the Steelers worked out the following players this week at their South Side facility:

* Derrick Doggett, LB, Oregon State

* Renardo Foster, T, Louisville

* Jake Helms, T, Lenoir-Rhyne

* Kenny Lewis, DB, Bowling Green

* Titus Ryan, WR, Concordia, Ala.

* Geoff Tisdale, DB, Pittsburg, Kan.

The only familiar names are Foster, the older brother of Steelers offensive lineman Ramon Foster, and Doggett, who was a terrific albeit undersized linebacker in college. He's been playing in the CFL and could help the Steelers' depth at safety and on special teams
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Some more on this. Doggett appears to be special teams pick up and interesting comment about safety

WEDNESDAY, JAN. 13

2:15 p.m.: Voila! Just as I finished writing how much I liked Derrick Doggett in college, I learned Doggett has signed with the Steelers.

Doggett was a backup linebacker for the Canadian Football League's Winnipeg Blue Bombers, but had 27 special teams tackles in 15 games. As noted below, I liked this undersized OLB when he played at Oregon State and always wondered if he could play safety. Maybe the Steelers are wondering about it as well.

1:50 p.m.: According to Scout.com news hound Adam Caplan, the Steelers worked out the following players this week at their South Side facility:

* Derrick Doggett, LB, Oregon State

* Renardo Foster, T, Louisville

* Jake Helms, T, Lenoir-Rhyne

* Kenny Lewis, DB, Bowling Green

* Titus Ryan, WR, Concordia, Ala.

* Geoff Tisdale, DB, Pittsburg, Kan.

The only familiar names are Foster, the older brother of Steelers offensive lineman Ramon Foster, and Doggett, who was a terrific albeit undersized linebacker in college. He's been playing in the CFL and could help the Steelers' depth at safety and on special teams
    Interesting stuff. Just out of curiosity, where did you find this?

Doggett sounds like a guy who could be a good special teams player.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Do we really want a guy on our team whose name sounds like "dog it?"

Legend

User Info Menu

We don't need a 'project' safety. We need one that can get on the field his first season. These guys are training camp fodder.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers sign ST player

[url="http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_662121.html?feed=9"]http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... tml?feed=9[/url]

Derrick Doggett, from Winnepeg of the CFL. I know nothing about this guy, but I do know the Steelers desperately need to find a couple of standout ST players. Hope they make this a priority this offseason.