Thread: OT: Grimm Receives Permission to Interview with Bills

OT: Grimm Receives Permission to Interview with Bills

Maybe this will be Russ' time...
    I want gay married couples to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns.

Legend

Re: OT: Grimm Receives Permission to Interview with Bills

That's a Rooney Rule interview..

Legend

The future of the Buffalo Bills will indeed be "grim" for many years to come.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

I think we're at the point where it is easier to list the places where Grimm hasn't interviewed.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    I think we're at the point where it is easier to list the places where Grimm hasn't interviewed.
    You would think he would get the hint.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Speaking of uss Grimm and Joe Bugel, this is from today's Washington Post:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcspor ... _ever.html

The best Joe Bugel story ever

In about 30 minutes of talking on Wednesday afternoon, Joe Bugel provided enough material for probably 17 blog posts. But there won't be any better story than this one. Or more disgusting one, anyway.

Near the end of his post-presser remarks, I asked Bugel whether the creation of the Hogs nickname qualifies as a moment of inspiration. Innocent question. Filthy answer.

"That caught on like wildfire," Bugel said. "I looked at Grimm, his gut was out here....I'll tell you a funny story about Grimm," Bugel then said, changing directions quicker than a Hogette on a bungee cord. "We practiced on Wednesday nights. They had a nice little bar in Carlisle, they had chili dogs and stuff like that. So we had [practice] that night and I got in the huddle and it smelled like a brewery. And [Grimm] got a little overheated. And I don't mean to say throw up...but he threw up, and he threw up a hot dog. It hit the grass."

As the media members giggled the way anyone would giggle at the idea of a fully formed hot dog squirting out of an offensive lineman's guts, much of the story became sort of pantomimed more than described. Let me summarize. Grimm "picked that wiener" off the ground. The ball boys got nauseated, and one said "Mr. Grimm, you can't do that." And Grimm blew on the hot dog, shook it off, and then popped it back in his mouth.

"Can't waste a good dog now," he said.

A few minutes later, I saw Doc Walker, and asked him if this story was true. Walker remembered it being a quarter of a dog, but he confirmed the basic wiener out, wiener in concept.

"Total neanderthal," Walker said.

Still, I expressed skepticism to Bugel, saying you can't possibly upchuck a whole hot dog.

"He can, because he swallows them, because there's another one on his plate," Bugel said of Grimm. "He should have got in those hot dog contests, you know who can eat the most....But he blew the grass off before he ate the rest of it," Bugel later pointed out.

Bugel, though, loved those Hogs. He kept saying so, repeatedly. Even though they tried to murder him.

"They were nasty," Bugel said. "That was a great bunch to coach, you know what I mean? We coached 'em hard, and they tried to kill me a number of times. Bricks on top of the door and stuff like that. They were my very dearest friends, but I had to wear an army helmet when I went back to the dormitory because they tried everything. I think the harder you coach, the more guys respect you, you know what I mean?"

Bricks on top of the door? Really?

"Oh, a lot," Bugel said. "They'd say no no, don't open that door. I looked up, there was a big pile of bricks. I didn't have my hat on at that time. I said 'Oh, I see how they're playing now. I'll get 'em in the morning.' "

Also, during his remarks, Bugel said he would spend Sundays next year drinking Bloody Marys and eating Hog Balls. Um, Hog Balls?

"You ever eat cheeseballs with sausage and cheese wrapped around on Sundays?" Bugel asked me. "That's a Pennsylvania thing. My daughters call 'em Hog Balls. You know, some people call 'em Cheese Balls, some people call 'em Hunky Balls. Hey, whatever. That's a Pittsburgh thing. Delicious. Delicious. Especially with heavy cheese on it."

Especially when vomited back up, I suggested.

"That's hot dogs," Bugel said. "Stick with them dogs."

By Dan Steinberg | January 13, 2010; 2:16 PM ET

Hall of Famer

Will it be a 'one martini' or 'two martini' interview?

The Bills already have some decent pieces for a team. They need some team leadership (besides TO....).