Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spanos to the Skins

Re: Spanos to the Skins

Lou Spanos? Who in the hell is this guy?

This was on Steelers.com:
    Lou Spanos is in his 16th season with the Steelers and his 15th year as a assistant linebacker coach. He is one of only three assistant coaches to be on the Super Bowl XXX, Super Bowl XL and Super Bowl XLIII coaching staffs, joining defensive line coach John Mitchell and defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau.

As a defensive assistant, Spanos assists the linebackers and the defensive coaching staff with game preparation, video analysis and scouting of Steelers’ opponents.

A 1994 graduate ofTulsa, he was a four-year letterman and three-year starter at offensive center. Spanos stayed at Tulsa for a year after his playing career concluded to assist coaching the linebackers. He then joined the Steelers as an intern in the scouting department. After his one-year internship, Spanos was promoted to his current position of defensive assistant.

Spanos and his wife Timme reside in Pittsburgh with their two sons, Zachary (9) and Caleb (6), and daughter Gabriella (4).

Now I am not ragging on this guy one bit. BUT it seems weird that he is being raided from our staff after 15 years in the same position...as an assistant position coach! I mean, if the guy seemed like a great prospect it stands to reason that he would have received some type of advancement prior to this. You have to be good to coach at this level for that long (B.A. dually noted), but c'mon.

It does kind of suck that Butler may be leaving and we're losing the guy whos's been standing by for so long...but good luck to the guy.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    Sirius NFL Radio reporting Butler did in fact accept the position with Miami.

Eff.
    I've heard no such confirmation. NFL Radio did confirm the Spanos hiring this morning, but did not say that the Dolphins had hired Butler...in fact, they said that Miami was interviewing former NY Jet and UVa head coach Al Groh for the same D.C. spot that Butler is going for (and Groh has a long history with Parcells).

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek

Eff.
    I've heard no such confirmation. NFL Radio did confirm the Spanos hiring this morning, but did not say that the Dolphins had hired Butler...in fact, they said that Miami was interviewing former NY Jet and UVa head coach Al Groh for the same D.C. spot that Butler is going for (and Groh has a long history with Parcells).

Yeah, it was on a two minute drill (update). I think they were jumping the gun because I heard it that one time (at around 4 pm-ish) then the rest of the day they were saying it was an interview.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

[quote=Iron Shiek]
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by "Iron Shiek":1vuyrv2b

Eff.

Yeah, it was on a two minute drill (update). I think they were jumping the gun because I heard it that one time (at around 4 pm-ish) then the rest of the day they were saying it was an interview.[/quote:1vuyrv2b]

Damn that Zig Fracassi!