Charles Woodsen is DPOTY???

Not even close...

Charles Woodson, CB, Packers 28
    Darrelle Revis, CB, Jets 14
    Elvis Dumervil, LB, Broncos 3
    Darren Sharper, S, Saints 3
    Jared Allen, DE, Vikings 2

503 yards by Ben and no INT's...

400+ yards by Warner and 12 TD's.. Woodsen did strip Fitz but he was burned for 3 TD's too and gave up 10 extra yards on what should have been the game winning FG.

But remember.... he intercepted Cutler about 4 times this season. This is a sham IMO. Patrick Willis isn't even on the list.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Charles Woodsen is DPOTY???

In Woodson's defense in the Cardinals game, Larry Fitz pretty much ran him over to catch 2 or 3 of those balls. Clearly offensive PI that wasn't called.

It was called on Randy Moss in the game against the Ravens. Should have been called on Fitz as well...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    In Woodson's defense in the Cardinals game, Larry Fitz pretty much ran him over to catch 2 or 3 of those balls. Clearly offensive PI that wasn't called.

It was called on Randy Moss in the game against the Ravens. Should have been called on Fitz as well...

Randy Moss didn't have the ball thrown to him on that penalty. I was surprised it was called.

I can give Woodsen the benefit on 1 TD but if it isn't called the first time around adjust. I think Woodsen is good but this year Revis was out of his mind. Woodsen's team was gouged for so many yards I don't see how he got it.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

I think this should have gone to Revis, no question. If you look at the #1 WRs he shut out every week, the list is quite impressive.

Woodson had more guady statistics and splash plays, but Revis deserves the award, no doubt.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    I think this should have gone to Revis, no question. If you look at the #1 WRs he shut out every week, the list is quite impressive.

Woodson had more guady statistics and splash plays, but Revis deserves the award, no doubt.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think it had to be either Woodson or Revis. Both deserved it. Revis was better in coverage but Woodson was better against the run.

Plus you can't discount Woodson's 13 turnovers created (9 INT's and 4 FF's). Those were game changers...

Legend

User Info Menu

I think it had to be either Woodson or Revis. Both deserved it. Revis was better in coverage but Woodson was better against the run.

Plus you can't discount Woodson's 13 turnovers created (9 INT's and 4 FF's). Those were game changers...
    Revis shut down half the field. I'm not discounting Woodson's TO's... but the impact of them may be up for debate. Cutler worked hard to give him 2 or 3 INT's...lol! I guess my real beef is Revis stopped 8 of the top 11 WR from getting 40 yards and only gave up 1 TD... 1 total. I think that has way more impact then 13 TO's... sure it's a high number but when you look at GB playing Stafford and Cutler 2 times a year it puts things in perspective. I wouldn't be surprised if half his TO's came in those 4 games.

Simply put... Revis changed game plans... Woodson is decent but I don't remember his name when he played us. I still remember that Revis INT a few years ago though... My uncle coached him in HS and he is from my part of PA so... I'm bias. But if you look at the stats besides maybe tackle total I can't see how you give a guy on a D that gives up so many yards in the air.

Legend

User Info Menu

I

thats the difference.

ware had more sacks then harrison last year, but i bet harrison created more turnovers and TO that led to TDs

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    I

thats the difference.

ware had more sacks then harrison last year, but i bet harrison created more turnovers and TO that led to TDs
    I disagree... if you look at how many TD's Woodson gave up it becomes a wash IMO. Look at the AZ game, he had a forced fumble but was beat for 3 TD's and the D gave up 400+ yards in the air.

I'm torn because I watched GB get gashed in the air a ton this year and Woodson wasn't a factor in a lot of good games. Oh well... At least Revis has another week to show the voters their mistake.

Woodson has done a ton of charity off the field so Im not too mad. He is a good guy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq

Well put.
    Woodson had more than his share of splash plays, but Revis' year was UNBELIEVABLE. The list of WR's who he held to <35 yards is truly oustanding... historic really, when you consider today's rules (slanted toward passing) and how much man coverage they expect of him.

It is almost highway robbery; Revis will NEVER have a year that great. No one will... it's a crying shame.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.