Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charles Woodsen is DPOTY???

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Charles Woodsen is DPOTY???

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    In Woodson's defense in the Cardinals game, Larry Fitz pretty much ran him over to catch 2 or 3 of those balls. Clearly offensive PI that wasn't called.

It was called on Randy Moss in the game against the Ravens. Should have been called on Fitz as well...

Randy Moss didn't have the ball thrown to him on that penalty. I was surprised it was called.

I can give Woodsen the benefit on 1 TD but if it isn't called the first time around adjust. I think Woodsen is good but this year Revis was out of his mind. Woodsen's team was gouged for so many yards I don't see how he got it.
    Revis held the following receiver to less than 35 yards each in their matchups this year: Randy Moss, Andre Johnson, Chad Johnson, Reggie Wayne and there's a couple others that I can't think of right now.

That's outstanding defending.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    In Woodson's defense in the Cardinals game, Larry Fitz pretty much ran him over to catch 2 or 3 of those balls. Clearly offensive PI that wasn't called.

It was called on Randy Moss in the game against the Ravens. Should have been called on Fitz as well...

Randy Moss didn't have the ball thrown to him on that penalty. I was surprised it was called.

I can give Woodsen the benefit on 1 TD but if it isn't called the first time around adjust. I think Woodsen is good but this year Revis was out of his mind. Woodsen's team was gouged for so many yards I don't see how he got it.

Revis held the following receiver to less than 35 yards each in their matchups this year: Randy Moss, Andre Johnson, Chad Johnson, Reggie Wayne and there's a couple others that I can't think of right now.

That's outstanding defending.

Pappy
    Steve Smith too...
    Terrell Owens got 44 yards on him one game.

8 of the top 11 WR's and 1 TD... 1 freaking TD... it's robbery the more you think about it.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yes. Reevis deserved the award. He is single-handedly shutting down half of teams' passing game making everyone else's job much easier. It's when you make the guys around you the better that you are the most effective.

I wasn't aware of this until this morning, but the Jets gave up 8 passing TDs all year. Rex Ryan said that in a statement response to the DPOTY results.

But the media are enamored of splash plays. Hell, didn't Ty Carter win DPOTW for his INT return when we played the Broncos? Ty frikkin' Carter??

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    Yes. Reevis deserved the award. He is single-handedly shutting down half of teams' passing game making everyone else's job much easier. It's when you make the guys around you the better that you are the most effective.

I wasn't aware of this until this morning, but the Jets gave up 8 passing TDs all year. Rex Ryan said that in a statement response to the DPOTY results.

But the media are enamored of splash plays. Hell, didn't Ty Carter win DPOTW for his INT return when we played the Broncos? Ty frikkin' Carter??
    I can't remember if that was one of those situation where fans are allowed to vote. I have a sneaky feeling it was, and that I voted for TC. I feel dirty now, I need a shower.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

I think the sportswriters picked this and you know most of them love to go against the grain. On paper maybe Woodson's numbers jumps out but if you watched this year you would see he had a very high burn rate too...

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Backup

User Info Menu

Woodson mugs receivers but doesn't get called for it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelernation77
    Woodson mugs receivers but doesn't get called for it.
    James Harrison mugs receivers too. But when he does he gets called for it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Would the Ariz game even count in the voting since its playoffs? I thought it was a regular season thing.

With respect to Revis. He had a very easy schedule. Do it for another season and he'll win. Yes, its on this season, but these votes always factor in a fluke factor.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones
    Would the Ariz game even count in the voting since its playoffs? I thought it was a regular season thing.

With respect to Revis. He had a very easy schedule. Do it for another season and he'll win. Yes, its on this season, but these votes always factor in a fluke factor.
    so did GB..

Cincy
    Cleveland
    ravens
    49ers
    Seattle
    AZ
    Dallas
    bears 2x
    lions 2x

not the hardest schedule in regards to QB's and he was torched by us.

Legend

User Info Menu

you're best evidence is a playoff game (which wasn't counted in the voting) where fitz ran over him for 2 TDs but had a pretty normal statistical day with (for fitz anyway ) 6 catches and 82 yards.

i dont quite remember who woodson was covering on each and every pass when we played him , but know he was never on wallace for his 2 TD's and 80 yds receiving.

IIRC,I dont remember him covering hines that much either(126 yards), nor do i think he was really responsible for any of heath's 118 yds receiving or mendy's/moore's catching out of the backfield (another 100 yds or so)

holmes had 3 catches and 77 yards and he may been on him and hines a little too... i wouldn't say we picked on "him" all day....
    the GB defense, as a whole...yes, we absolutely torched them.

revis had a great year,

revis is younger and if he does it again , will win a DPOY award soon. they gave it to the veteran with more "splash" plays