Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Arians vs. LeBeau

Pro Bowler

Re: Arians vs. LeBeau

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast
    Fix the turnover ratio and we will be in the playoffs once again.

We were 27th in takeaways per game and 21st in turnover margin/game (-0.2) vs last season when we were 4th (1.4/game) and 5th (+0.5). And it wasn't because the offense gave it away more this season (almost the same as last on giveaways), it was on the D.
    There was more to it than that. We were terrible on preventing third down conversions - 28th in the league, in fact. I'm also surprised nobody has mentioned that our pass defense was ranked 16th this season as opposed to 1st from '08.
    People spoke on the pass defense slipping, especially in the 4th quarter, over and over and over again....

but I think some were so focused on another guy to blame.... talking about pass defense was just
    Why don't you just shut the eff up already? Nobody here is claiming all of our failures were Bruce Arians' fault, and neither did I. You just seem to think that criticizing Arians automatically means ignoring our other weaknesses. On the other hand, just because we had other weaknesses doesn't mean Arians was free from blame either. Grow up, you big baby.

Pro Bowler

Re: Arians vs. LeBeau

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Mafia
    Are we really still talking about this?
    Shame on me for even opening a thread titled "Arians vs. LeBeau." Before I even clicked on it, I knew it was going to be the same arguments from the same people that I have read in 47 other threads so far, but my stupid @$$ clicked on it anyway. Guess I'm a glutton for punishment.
    I think I'll start a "Darth Arians/Master LeBeau" post. Arians' will be photoshopped to appear as a hologram with a hoodie, holding a light saber, while Lebeau will appear hunched over and very wise looking, holding a light saber , with a thought bubble that says "Many schemes, we must make." :P
    And I'll click on that thread too (if only to see a green LeBeau with pointy ears).
    Mmmmmmmmm. Much flaming a pathway to the Dark Side is.