Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NFL response to non-facemask penalty call last night

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Re: NFL response to non-facemask penalty call last night

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    Should have definatley been a helmet to helmet hit on the play before the final play. Dude pretty much ran in and head butted Rodgers with no flag drawn for it.
    That's what I was going to say. The only QB that DOESN'T get that call is Ben, and Rodgers apparently.
    Maybe it's because they are in the 50 sack club. When have 50 sacks refs tend to overlook a few hits. LOL.

I didn't even see the facemask until I saw the ESPN photo. It was pretty bang bang IMO. Now the previous play.. that was blatant head to head and should have been called. I'm happy with the outcome because it shuts up the overtime rule change crowd.
    I think they should change the overtime rules.

Didn't work.

1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    At the very worst for GB, arizona gets the ball, but a 15 yard penalty from the spot of the recovery. At least Green Bay has a chance to do something about it, albeit an unlikely chance, btu a chance nonetheless. That whole, "didn't grasp or pull the facemask down" crap is just that, crap. That's why they got rid of the five yard penalty. Any contact with the facemask is a penalty.
    Actually that's not true. They got rid of the 5 yard penalty because it was too subjective. Now they are all 15 yards, but there must be a "grasp, pull and/or twist" to draw the flag.

So how about that horse collar penalty that was called on AZ when the Packers player wasn't actually pulled down by the collar? That gave the Packers another 15 yards and I believe they ended up scoring on that drive, thanks in part to that extra 15 yards.

Where's the outrage?

Like I said, leave the whining and crying about officiating to the Ravens fans...it's their niche...and their Nietzsche.

(Nietzsche questioned the value of objectivity and truth) :P

Legend

Heh...Greg Jennings was just touched down by contact from an AZ DB but they missed it. Jennings ran the ball all the way to the 3 YL and two plays later scored a TD with a one handed grab.

Damn officials!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Heh...Greg Jennings was just touched down by contact from an AZ DB but they missed it. Jennings ran the ball all the way to the 3 YL and two plays later scored a TD with a one handed grab.

Damn officials!!!

Hmmm you a Ravens fan now?

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

So how about that horse collar penalty that was called on AZ when the Packers player wasn't actually pulled down by the collar? That gave the Packers another 15 yards and I believe they ended up scoring on that drive, thanks in part to that extra 15 yards.

Where's the outrage?
    Certainly not going to lose any sleep over this . . . but the outrage over this call was that it ended the game. The facemask should have been called and given the cardinals the ball 15 yards from the spot fo the foul. Ariz would have still likely won the game, but that is a hell of a way for a season to go down.

Legend

Where's the outrage?
    Certainly not going to lose any sleep over this . . . but the outrage over this call was that it ended the game. The facemask should have been called and given the cardinals the ball 15 yards from the spot fo the foul. Ariz would have still likely won the game, but that is a hell of a way for a season to go down.
    If the Packers hadn't scored on that drive with the HC penalty the game may have never gone to OT and may not have ended the way it did. :P

Calls are made and calls are missed. That's the way it goes.

Pro Bowler

I wonder if the Cards fans are whining about the officiating in that game like they were the SB last year?

At the very worst for GB, arizona gets the ball, but a 15 yard penalty from the spot of the recovery. At least Green Bay has a chance to do something about it, albeit an unlikely chance, btu a chance nonetheless. That whole, "didn't grasp or pull the facemask down" crap is just that, crap. That's why they got rid of the five yard penalty. Any contact with the facemask is a penalty.
    Actually that's not true. They got rid of the 5 yard penalty because it was too subjective. Now they are all 15 yards, but there must be a "grasp, pull and/or twist" to draw the flag.

Where's the outrage?

Like I said, leave the whining and crying about officiating to the Ravens fans...it's their niche...and their Nietzsche.

Did he really? Yikes, so how does he propose getting through life without a valid values system ('cause it doesn't help to have one if you can't use it as a metric, does it?). Oh well, I guess I'll just be a Steeler fan and forget about it.

BTW, d, that was one of the best lines I've read in this forum or elsewhere - Ravens fans with their absence of objectivity ... have their Niche .. in Nietzsche... Can you work Ray Nietchscke into that somehow

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Where's the outrage?

"He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk. One cannot fly into flying. That is not mine. That is Nietzsche's."

The most philosophical that Ray Nitschke got was saying things like "Packer fans are nuts, man."

1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

Backup

OK let’s say that it is not a face mask penalty, it still should have been a "Hands to the Face" call. I thought you could not touch the QB on the head at all. Plus any hand on the face mask will at least draw a Hands to the Face call.

But like someone already said, “Who Cares”!
    =====================================
    Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/ATCfamily