Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Great Game???

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Great Game???

    the Talking Heads/Experts are talking about what a great game this was tonight (AZ vs. GB)

    Are you kidding me??? It was a joke ... a glorified flag football game.

    Points that come that easily just aren't valuable. You can take all those points and couldn't buy a gallon of milk in my opinion.

    Do I want every game to be 9 - 6??? No, but come on . . . I don't mind a good 42 - 41 game as long as at least a few defensive players show up
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Great Game???

    i agree


    its amazing arena fottball didn't make it big with the way some of these guys think

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Great Game???

    It was a great game! (For the owners).

    It's like everything else in this country now - flash over substance, for the lowest common denominator.

    Look at basketball - monster dunks get much more Sportcenter time than passing the ball 5 times to find the open man to make a shot. Or some dude holding a Superstar in check all game with awesome defense. (I follow the Spurs, they are like the Steelers of basketball - hard work, no chest thumping, teamwork/selflessness, a lot of rings ... and no press respect).

    I'd like to see the Jets go far into the playoffs - they remind me a lot of us (great D, good running, don't need to pass 500 yards to win a game.


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Re: Great Game???

    There is nothing great about 1000 yards of offense and TD's every 3 minutes. The NFL should be embarrassed they have allowed the rules to favor such an imbalance...
    [URL="http://s43.photobucket.com/user/stimko74/media/slpo9.jpeg.html"]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...o74/slpo9.jpeg[/URL]

    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Re: Great Game???

    Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter
    There is nothing great about 1000 yards of offense and TD's every 3 minutes. The NFL should be embarrassed they have allowed the rules to favor such an imbalance...

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Great Game???

    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    It was a great game! (For the owners).

    It's like everything else in this country now - flash over substance, for the lowest common denominator.

    Look at basketball - monster dunks get much more Sportcenter time than passing the ball 5 times to find the open man to make a shot. Or some dude holding a Superstar in check all game with awesome defense. (I follow the Spurs, they are like the Steelers of basketball - hard work, no chest thumping, teamwork/selflessness, a lot of rings ... and no press respect).

    I'd like to see the Jets go far into the playoffs - they remind me a lot of us (great D, good running, don't need to pass 500 yards to win a game.
    i like their make up , but living in the area would make it absolutely miserable to see the jets win.

    no to the jets, unless they wind up facing dallas

  7. #7
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Re: Great Game???

    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    I'd like to see the Jets go far into the playoffs - they remind me a lot of us (great D, good running, don't need to pass 500 yards to win a game.
    I assume you mean the OLD us...

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Re: Great Game???

    It seemed like ESPN's post-game on that ran for 4 to 5 times as long as a normal game. It was as if this was the perfect opportunity to market cheap merchandise to an ignorant audience.

    Great game my

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Great Game???

    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe
    the Talking Heads/Experts are talking about what a great game this was tonight (AZ vs. GB)

    Are you kidding me??? It was a joke ... a glorified flag football game.

    Points that come that easily just aren't valuable. You can take all those points and couldn't buy a gallon of milk in my opinion.

    Do I want every game to be 9 - 6??? No, but come on . . . I don't mind a good 42 - 41 game as long as at least a few defensive players show up
    Hated it, didn't watch intently until the last 5 minutes, it reminded of a basketball game, there is absolutely no reason to watch the first 43 minutes of a basketball game, this football game was the same, why watch the first 55 minutes? Whoever had the ball scored. The last 5 minutes was all that mattered.

    I like games in the 21-17 or 24-21 or 28-24 scoring range. It tells me the defense has a say in the outcome and that the offenses can move the ball, but not at will.

    Pappy


    The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

    1.28 Edmunds, Terrell, S, VA Tech
    2.60 Washington, James, WR, OSU
    3.76 Rudolph, Mason, QB, OSU
    3.92 Okorafor, Chukwuma, OT, W.Mich
    5.148 Allen, Marcus, S, PSU
    5.165 Samuels, Jaylen, RB, NC State
    7.246 Frazier, Joshua, DT, Alabama

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Great Game???

    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    It was a great game! (For the owners).

    It's like everything else in this country now - flash over substance, for the lowest common denominator.

    Look at basketball - monster dunks get much more Sportcenter time than passing the ball 5 times to find the open man to make a shot. Or some dude holding a Superstar in check all game with awesome defense. (I follow the Spurs, they are like the Steelers of basketball - hard work, no chest thumping, teamwork/selflessness, a lot of rings ... and no press respect).

    I'd like to see the Jets go far into the playoffs - they remind me a lot of us (great D, good running, don't need to pass 500 yards to win a game.
    so true ... that's why I don't watch all the pregame & post game stuff all too much. They talk about nonsense and promote offense. This garbage keeps up, i'm going to switch to NHL and just follow High School and Div III College football.


    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe
    the Talking Heads/Experts are talking about what a great game this was tonight (AZ vs. GB)

    Are you kidding me??? It was a joke ... a glorified flag football game.

    Points that come that easily just aren't valuable. You can take all those points and couldn't buy a gallon of milk in my opinion.

    Do I want every game to be 9 - 6??? No, but come on . . . I don't mind a good 42 - 41 game as long as at least a few defensive players show up
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappy
    Hated it, didn't watch intently until the last 5 minutes, it reminded of a basketball game, there is absolutely no reason to watch the first 43 minutes of a basketball game, this football game was the same, why watch the first 55 minutes? Whoever had the ball scored. The last 5 minutes was all that mattered.

    I like games in the 21-17 or 24-21 or 28-24 scoring range. It tells me the defense has a say in the outcome and that the offenses can move the ball, but not at will.

    Pappy
    Great point. I've seen 13-10 games that were much better than this one.
    That's why I love the Steelers/Ravens rivalry!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •