Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Really, whose fault is it?

Pro Bowler

Re: Really, whose fault is it?

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    The TEAMS fault.

But, everyone has an axe to grind with Arians or Lebeau, so, one person ahs to take the heat. This version of the Pittsburgh Steelers was inconsistent all year. If the defense played well, the offense sucked and vice versa. The special teams even had moments when they were good.

I do have to admit I enjoyed the way they finished the year with a three game win streak even knowing that they probably weren't going to make the playoffs.

After watching the games yesterday the Steelers would have done well in any of matchups with any of those teams. There were flaws all around. Brady was bad and the defense for NE gave up big plays on the ground.

Flacco stunk plain and simple.

Carson Palmer is only a shell of what he was a few years ago and that wasn't great by any stretch.

The Jets played well, but the Bengals didn't really mount much of a challenge. The Jets would have been the toughest opponent yesterday and I believe the Steelers could beat them.

Pappy
    I agree. Teams that have QB's like Ben, Manning, ect and a defense that can play like the Jets will be in most games.

Hall of Famer

It is very important to assign blame to only one unit because....?
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    When we bring up the implosion of Sweed and the emergence of Wallace people wave it off.... BA could have stuck with Sweed.

If we bring up the 2008 SB win and countless injuries on offense and a patchwork young OL they get the "in spite of BA" bull....

When we bring up the great game BA called that put Dixon in the endzone vs. the Rats on their field we get excuses...

When we bring up all the leads in the fourth quarter we hear about how they weren't large enough leads...

It's kinda weird to ask people not to bring up stats when discussing an OC... what should we bring up? His looks? We have won 34 games, including a last second SB victory on a TD pass...all in 3 years.

do you want to hear? Oh.. I know.. how bad he is and how we would have won 3 SB's with any other OC... like Dallas' OC or NO's OC.. or SD's OC... how about the Texans? Please enlighten us on who will take Ben to the promise land.

You guys are like children in a car... are we there yet.. are we there yet!
    Stop trying to get everyone on the BA sucks bandwagon. Either accept it or find a new team or OC to slobber over until he leaves. Preferably one of the greats who can't win a SB yet is seen as a genius for his....stats? hmmm..

It's one thing to b!tch.. but to b!tch and moan?
    You make it sound like all those wins and the Lombardi trophy were because of BA. No. The only reason we had those wins for the longest time was because we had the defense to bail us out, until last season, as well as Big Ben's knack for big plays. Even in 2009, the offense still had significant problems. Oh, Ben passed for 4,000 yards. Yay.

Oh sure, Arians has called some good games. But even a broken clock is right twice a day. Having a few good games called doesn't make up for the fact that he outright stinks most of the time. Need I remind you Arians couldn't put up more than 6 points against Cleveland this season. CLEVELAND. And what about his loss to Jacksonville that bumped us out of the 07 playoffs? Or his Pathetic loss to Philadelphia? Or how we only mustered 17 points in regulation against KC? Where are your excuses for that? Where is your Arians praise for that?

Regardless of what you may think, BA's offense has consistently underperformed in every year he's been here, and cost us several games. Ben was already an effective QB before Arians' arrival. He doesn't owe any of his success to Arians. The only reason Arians isn't out of a job now is because the players themselves have made him look good at times.

And honestly, screw you. I'll criticize the team or Arians if I want to. Don't tell me I should root for a different team just because I'm not satisfied with your beloved OC. Kindly go screw yourself.

Legend

I'm not a BA fan... I'm a Steeler fan. I just think it makes zero sense to keep complaining about BA...
    Here's a thought on the Ben was already great theory... Ben likes BA. Holmes said he likes BA. Tomlin retained him. I find it funny how everyone who wants BA to hit the road talks about Ben like he is stuck with BA.

Go ahead and bang your head against the BA wall... even the guy who said he was going to count the days to BA getting on with his lifes work gave up 6 days in.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    It is very important to assign blame to only one unit because....?
    fail to realize it is a team sport.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch
    When we bring up the implosion of Sweed and the emergence of Wallace people wave it off.... BA could have stuck with Sweed.

If we bring up the 2008 SB win and countless injuries on offense and a patchwork young OL they get the "in spite of BA" bull....

When we bring up the great game BA called that put Dixon in the endzone vs. the Rats on their field we get excuses...

When we bring up all the leads in the fourth quarter we hear about how they weren't large enough leads...

It's kinda weird to ask people not to bring up stats when discussing an OC... what should we bring up? His looks? We have won 34 games, including a last second SB victory on a TD pass...all in 3 years.

do you want to hear? Oh.. I know.. how bad he is and how we would have won 3 SB's with any other OC... like Dallas' OC or NO's OC.. or SD's OC... how about the Texans? Please enlighten us on who will take Ben to the promise land.

You guys are like children in a car... are we there yet.. are we there yet!
    Stop trying to get everyone on the BA sucks bandwagon. Either accept it or find a new team or OC to slobber over until he leaves. Preferably one of the greats who can't win a SB yet is seen as a genius for his....stats? hmmm..

It's one thing to b!tch.. but to b!tch and moan?
    You make it sound like all those wins and the Lombardi trophy were because of BA. No. The only reason we had those wins for the longest time was because we had the defense to bail us out, until last season, as well as Big Ben's knack for big plays. Even in 2009, the offense still had significant problems. Oh, Ben passed for 4,000 yards. Yay.

Oh sure, Arians has called some good games. But even a broken clock is right twice a day. Having a few good games called doesn't make up for the fact that he outright stinks most of the time. Need I remind you Arians couldn't put up more than 6 points against Cleveland this season. CLEVELAND. And what about his loss to Jacksonville that bumped us out of the 07 playoffs? Or his Pathetic loss to Philadelphia? Or how we only mustered 17 points in regulation against KC? Where are your excuses for that? Where is your Arians praise for that?

Regardless of what you may think, BA's offense has consistently underperformed in every year he's been here, and cost us several games. Ben was already an effective QB before Arians' arrival. He doesn't owe any of his success to Arians. The only reason Arians isn't out of a job now is because the players themselves have made him look good at times.

And honestly, screw you. I'll criticize the team or Arians if I want to. Don't tell me I should root for a different team just because I'm not satisfied with your beloved OC. Kindly go screw yourself.
    You make it sound like BA wasn't responsible for any success, just failure.
    Are you really going to bring up the Jacksonville game? We marched right down the field with scripted plays and the ST's gave it right back. Ben had 3 first half INT's... Najeh Davenport was our RB and we still had the lead late. Guess who missed another easy tackle late in the game? Tyrone freaking Carter!

Not blaming Carter for the loss but I find it hilarious you would bring up Tomlins first year and BA's first year as proof of failure. That season was successful in the grand scheme of things. Most fans understand playoff wins are hard to come by although Steeler fans think it is written in scripture.

You also do a good job of pointing out 2 terrible losses in 3 years... clearly it is a sign all is lost. Like you said.. even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Backup

WHO CARES!

It doesn't matter at this point who was to blame or whose fault it is. What's done is done. All that we should be talking about at this point is what areas does this team need to address in the offseason and move on.
    <a href=http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img356/1595/smuj2.jpg target=_blank>http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img356/1595/smuj2.jpg</a>
    ~Props to AS, my sig Consigliere~

"Even the strongest man needs friends.... Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger."
    ~ Don Lucchesi to Vincent

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Mafia
    WHO CARES!

It doesn't matter at this point who was to blame or whose fault it is. What's done is done. All that we should be talking about at this point is what areas does this team need to address in the offseason and move on.

OC fool!!!

Backup

WHO CARES!

OC fool!!!
    Apparently that isn't happening (as much as I would like it to)

Moving on!
    <a href=http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img356/1595/smuj2.jpg target=_blank>http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img356/1595/smuj2.jpg</a>
    ~Props to AS, my sig Consigliere~

"Even the strongest man needs friends.... Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger."
    ~ Don Lucchesi to Vincent

Pro Bowler

WHO CARES!

I'm not saying Arians alone is to blame. I'm just pointing out to the BA apologists the futility of their ways. :P

As for the second part, that's technically what we're doing.