Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: FS Earl Thomas declaring for draft

  1. #21
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,415

    Re: FS Earl Thomas declaring for draft

    Oh- forgot...add in his KR/PR ability, and the possibility of moving him out to WR on occasion...he'd get his touches...
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  2. #22

    Re: FS Earl Thomas declaring for draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Oh- forgot...add in his KR/PR ability, and the possibility of moving him out to WR on occasion...he'd get his touches...
    He'd get his touches, but at whose expense? Do you want to take away touches from Mendy? Holmes, Ward or Wallace? Miller?

    Spiller would be a nice luxury pick, but the Steelers have so many other needs, I'm not sure they can afford a luxury like that.

  3. #23
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,415

    Re: FS Earl Thomas declaring for draft

    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Oh- forgot...add in his KR/PR ability, and the possibility of moving him out to WR on occasion...he'd get his touches...
    He'd get his touches, but at whose expense? Do you want to take away touches from Mendy? Holmes, Ward or Wallace? Miller?

    Spiller would be a nice luxury pick, but the Steelers have so many other needs, I'm not sure they can afford a luxury like that.
    Why not just go with the hot hand at the time? You can't have TOO MANY options....it'd HAVE to work in the Steelers favour.

    Agreed, the Steelers have several needs, but realistically, how many 1st round options have the ability to have an IMMEDIATE IMPACT the way Spiller does for 2011?

    Re-signing Hampton goes a long way to fixing the Steelers 'Needs' list.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  4. #24
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,179

    Re: FS Earl Thomas declaring for draft

    why not grab a joe mcknight, stephan johnson, noel divine, dex mccluster later on and focus on one of the teams weaknesses with the top picks

  5. #25
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,415

    Re: FS Earl Thomas declaring for draft

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    why not grab a joe mcknight, stephan johnson, noel divine, dex mccluster later on and focus on one of the teams weaknesses with the top picks
    Ahh...the eternal question- to draft for need, or BPA?
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  6. #26

    Re: FS Earl Thomas declaring for draft

    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Earl Thomas will certainly be on our board. But, all the discussion in the world will be moot if Mt Cody is still there. He is the clear pick if available.
    It's still early in the process, but some of what I've been reading has been saying that Cody will likely be a second round pick because of his conditioning issues.
    There is no way he falls to the second. To be perfectly honest...I don't think he will fall to the Steelers. If conditioning is really that big of an issue for Cody which I doubt...that's what a pro conditioning coach is for. There is no better replacement for for Hampton in the draft. The man is a beast...a rare physical specimen and he will consistantly command double teams at the pro level.

    But, I'm with you...I'm not for picking a DB just for picking a DB. I would much rather beef up our Dline.

    In my opinion...BPA in this order of importance...

    1) NT
    2) DB
    3) DE
    4) ILB
    5) FS

    those 5 are very close in our need...we will take BPA of those 5.

    Was it O that spoke about RB? I got to agree that it's a real possibility. If the right guy falls...and the value is there...we have a need. This is a two back league and Parker is as good as gone. I like Moore but I prefer a 1a and a 1b instead of a 1a and a solid 3rd down back.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •