Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So Who....

Legend

User Info Menu

So Who....

is going to replace Ken Anderson, now that he retired? I haven't read much speculation on the matter. Will we even replace him? or does it even matter? I'm not sure what I think yet, any ideas?
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: So Who....

I'd consider Charlie Batch. He has essentially been a coach the entire time here anyway. He isn't going to change Ben but do you really think anyone they bring in would change Ben from being Ben?

The biggest job the QB has is to try to make Ben aware of things he does that can be done better and most importantly developing the other QBs on the roster to be ready if Ben is hurt.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Since Ben is in charge of who his offensive coordinator is, he will probably start taking applications and sit down and make a decision on who his QB coach is after the Superbowl.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben can hire himself and save us some money. I'm pretty sure he isn't listening to whoever comes in.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    Since Ben is in charge of who his offensive coordinator is, he will probably start taking applications and sit down and make a decision on who his QB coach is after the Superbowl.
    Probably just like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Amazes me how anyone thinks Ben gets treated differently than any of the other elite QBs in this league.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    I'd consider Charlie Batch. He has essentially been a coach the entire time here anyway. He isn't going to change Ben but do you really think anyone they bring in would change Ben from being Ben?

The biggest job the QB has is to try to make Ben aware of things he does that can be done better and most importantly developing the other QBs on the roster to be ready if Ben is hurt.
    I wonder if it would be tough for Batch to go from teammate to coach immediately with the same group. I like the idea of Batch as an assistant QB coach for a few years, with somebody more experienced being hired as the QB coach.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq

I wonder if it would be tough for Batch to go from teammate to coach immediately with the same group. I like the idea of Batch as an assistant QB coach for a few years, with somebody more experienced being hired as the QB coach.
    I don't like the idea of Batch being QB coach because I think we need someone who will challenge Ben to improve his deep ball, study habits, and rhythm passing. However, Ben does trust Batch. So Ben would likely listen to him. A new guy? Who knows.?
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    Probably just like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Amazes me how anyone thinks Ben gets treated differently than any of the other elite QBs in this league.
    Would Indy or the Patriots of hung 6 on the Browns? No way in hell.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

My guess is that B&B (Ben & Bruce) will sit down and pick someone out that will listen to them and do as told. Just my opinion....
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Maybe Whiz was right not to listen to Ben's BS....thus the reason they didn't get along real well and the reason Ben loves Arians so much. Bruce lets Ben do whatever he wants.
    @_Hellgrammite