Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Saved BA?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Wexell says Ben saved Arians

On his twitter, says his source told him that Ben threw a hail mary and saved Arians butt. Says it's too much power for one player.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben Saved BA?

According to Wexell, that is how it went down:

Just learned that Ben saved BA's job. "Completed a Hail Mary" is how it was put to me. Too much power for a player.
    I'm not sure that I buy that. Then again, it would explain the whole is he or isn't he fired saga from yesterday.

He also reports a bit on how close Ben and BA are to one another.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Wexell says Ben saved Arians

Thanks for the heads up BigRob. I just believe don't these reporters much anymore. Didn't Wexell's source say that BA was fired, didn't Wexell's source say the investor's have too much power and they're forcing Tomlin to fire him? Now Ben has too much power? I think Wex his covering his butt in the firing comments he made.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Oh and Wexell also has stated that the Steelers won't ever win another SB with Ben and BA combo...question didn't that combo win for us in SB 43? I think he's just a pissed off fan who happens to be a reporter at this point. He's blowing up all over his twitter, facebook, and forums.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Thanks for the heads up BigRob. I just believe don't these reporters much anymore. Didn't Wexell's source say that BA was fired, didn't Wexell's source say the investor's have too much power and they're forcing Tomlin to fire him? Now Ben has too much power? I think Wex his covering his butt in the firing comments he made.
    Actually, Wexell is the one who reported that his sources told him that Arians hadn't been fired. Laird is the one who said he was. He also said that rooneys leave it to the coach, but investors were pushing for move.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

He was actually saying that BA wasn't fired, based on his sources.

He does seem quite agitated that BA returned; he clearly isn't a BA fan. But he usually has better sources than most (well, at least he seems to). I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Oh and Wexell also has stated that the Steelers won't ever win another SB with Ben and BA combo...question didn't that combo win for us in SB 43? I think he's just a pissed off fan who happens to be a reporter at this point. He's blowing up all over his twitter, facebook, and forums.
    Pathetic... this is proof how deep the BA hate is..

Reporters are trying to do an ESPN hit and force teams hands... blaming anyone but their own hate for a coordinator..

First it was a source, then investors, then BA himself, now Ben..

Wexell and others need to be careful... they are losing credibility and putting emotions before solid reporting.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Pathetic... this is proof how deep the BA hate is..

Reporters are trying to do an ESPN hit and force teams hands... blaming anyone but their own hate for a coordinator..

First it was a source, then investors, then BA himself, now Ben..

Wexell and others need to be careful... they are losing credibility and putting emotions before solid reporting.
    Not only is he showing hate for BA, he's attacking other Pgh reporters who support him...this is very interesting...makes for some good offseason drama I guess.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob
    Actually, Wexell is the one who reported that his sources told him that Arians hadn't been fired. Laird is the one who said he was. He also said that rooneys leave it to the coach, but investors were pushing for move.
    I could see it now.. Laird asking an investor named Stallworth if he remembers smashmouth football and as soon as he says yep he ran with it.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Ben Saved BA?

And you don't Peyton Manning and Tom Brady has the same power on their teams? When you commit $102M to a single player you knowingly grant that power to him. When he gets you to two Super Bowls in 5 years he has earned that power and his opinions matter.

Here is a really radical thought, Big Ben knows more about what is actually going on and offense in the NFL than the posters on this board. Could it be? Sorry to shatter any egos out there but guys like Ben are have significant amounts of information you don't and are in the business for a reason and you aren't for a reason.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"