2007 CIN Leon Hall, CB
    2006 DAL Bobby Carpenter, LB
    2005 MIN Erasmus James, DE
    2004 NO Will Smith, DE
    2003 ARZ Calvin Pace, DE
    2002 ATL T.J. Duckett, RB
    2001 DET Jeff Backus, OT
    2000 NYJ Chad Pennington, QB
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: 18th pick, I think

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    For what it is worth, here are the players picked at #18 this past decade:

2009 DEN Robert Ayers, DE
    2008 BAL Joe Flacco, QB
    2007 CIN Leon Hall, CB
    2006 DAL Bobby Carpenter, LB
    2005 MIN Erasmus James, DE
    2004 NO Will Smith, DE
    2003 ARZ Calvin Pace, DE
    2002 ATL T.J. Duckett, RB
    2001 DET Jeff Backus, OT
    2000 NYJ Chad Pennington, QB
    Not exactly a Pro Bowl roster is it? And people complain about our first round picks.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCzar76
    I feel as though before we can even begin to speculate as to what we will do in the upcoming draft,....i think we should first figure out what we won't do.

Meaning, do you really think Tomlin would Draft any actual stud Corner, FS, LB or D-lineman in the first round when he is so absoloutely enamored (to the point of it almost being a "starcrossed lovers" thing) with his "ordinary as a bowl of grits" boys Timmons, Mundy, Gay, Lewis, Burnett and Hood ?

This guy (Tomlin) has proven to me by pissing into the wind with every Draft that he's had since he's been here,... that he's far more concerned with bringing in suspect players so that he can be worshiped if he can win with such mediocre talent, than actually trying to IMPROVE the team.
    first of all mundy and gay were at least 5th round picks OR lower. you expect gems in the late rounds? really? lewis and burnett are only rookies and weren't high picks. hood was a late first rounder but he played pretty well as a rookie so not sure what your problem is with that pick. do you forget woodley was a low 2nd round pick? didnt see woodley mentioned in any of your posts which is odd to me. timmons is still young but it has taken him a while to develop but what does that matter? they drafted woodley right behind him in the 2nd. if they drafted timmons in the 2nd and wood in the first i bet you wouldnt have a problem with that right? we get it you dont like tomlin, understood but dont just bring up the negatives without mention of the positives just because its convienent in your arguement

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It's apparent that the Czar believes that Tomlin is operating under a conspiracy to systematically destroy the Steelers by making horrible player evaluations and draft picks. I wonder what he thought of some of Cowher's picks.....

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCzar76
    The truth was actually that Lauranaitis and Maualuga were far better players of greater value at a position of need for us. (ILB)

But,....selecting either one of them would have comprimised his (Tomlin's) lover Timmons. And he (Tomlin) was not going to have that. And henceforth,..he put "his" guy's fortune over that of the wellbeing of the team.

Which brings me back to my original the point,....if Tomlin has a hard on for a player,... he's not going to attempt to actually upgrade the position no matter how poorly they play. (Ie: The aforementioned players at the aforementioned positions in my original post)
    Tomlin's gay.
    Woman: "Sir, what have you given us?"
    Benjamin Franklin: "A Republic, madam, if you can keep it."

[youtube:razli5ow]KFXuGIpsdE0[/youtube:razli5ow]