Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The 2009 Season in Two Pictures

Legend

Re: The 2009 Season in Two Pictures

Let me step back a moment.. Ben IS a leader.. he put the 2004 post season blame on himself. He got Bettis to come back, saved Bettis' life in 2005 in Indy and pretty much walked us to a SB.

Before 2006 season even started Joey was screaming about sitting out. Crash happened and well.... FWP asked who wanted it AFTER he got his money....

2007 Alan Faneca, the OL vet rejects an offer, captain status, and pretty much disrespects every coach on the team regarding our new blocking scheme because he misses Grimmace. Oh.. and didn't Hartings retire before the season?

In 2008 we win another SB... hip hop hooray... BA sucks and the D was golden.. until the 4th qtr of the SB when Ben had to work his magic... sign of thing to come.

2009 Ben tries to do all he can but without Troy it's a wrap. Also remember Ryan Clark has the audacity to become Kill Switch and ask why the DB's are getting blame... then he goes out and gives us a new clip for the blame gun. Oh.. and Hines calls out our leaders toughness on TV.

I think when we look back we have well fed teams who left the table last after SB's and just didn't have the hunger... I think the focus after a SB victory is money... how can I capitalize off the SB..

I think if we have back to back slumps then we have a problem. I think the SB hangover is real.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    I think the SB hangover is real.
    What do tigers dream of when they take their little tiger snooze? Do they dream of mauling zebras, or Halle Berry in her Catwoman suit? Don't you worry your pretty striped head, we're gonna get you back to Tyson and your cozy tiger bed. And then we're gonna find our best friend Doug, and then we're gonna give him a best friend hug. Doug, Doug, oh, Doug, Dougie, Dougie, Doug, Doug! But if he's been murdered by crystal meth tweakers, well then we're $#!% out of luck.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    I think the SB hangover is real.
    What do tigers dream of when they take their little tiger snooze? Do they dream of mauling zebras, or Halle Berry in her Catwoman suit? Don't you worry your pretty striped head, we're gonna get you back to Tyson and your cozy tiger bed. And then we're gonna find our best friend Doug, and then we're gonna give him a best friend hug. Doug, Doug, oh, Doug, Dougie, Dougie, Doug, Doug! But if he's been murdered by crystal meth tweakers, well then we're $#!% out of luck.
    Instant Classic!

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhound45
    Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones
    Wolf, do you think the Jets will win the Super Bowl?
    Let me answer for you. No.
    Do I think the Jets can win it all? Absolutely! Why? Because they are still in the playoffs (reference Pittsburgh Steelers, 2005).

And they are still in it.

Who woulda thunk?

Backup

After last night's performance, I thought about this thread again. Anyone still want to have the QB in the first picture?
    "The only thing decent about the seventies was the Pittsburgh Steelers and their four Super Bowls." - Rush Limbaugh

Mach Five - your all-Steelers fan band!
    http://www.machfive.us

Quote Originally Posted by ColumbusSteelerFan
    After last night's performance, I thought about this thread again. Anyone still want to have the QB in the first picture?
    In Ben we trust. Sanchez is a wanna-be.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk
    Quote Originally Posted by ColumbusSteelerFan
    In Ben we trust. Sanchez is a wanna-be.

no thanks, Sanchez is too interested in being a pretty boy for my taste...