Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47

Thread: The 2009 Season in Two Pictures

  1. #11
    Starter
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    780

    Re: The 2009 Season in Two Pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    Well, you haven't stated anything other than the obvious. So people responding are assuming that you are comparing QBs. There is no comparison between BB and MS. If BB were on the Jets they would probably have had a 1st round bye rather than having to be gifted into the playoffs. BB still has two rings and MS does not.
    Thanks for making my other point. Don't assume.

    If you know me and how I post on this board, then you know I do not make a habit of criticizing Ben. Hence, maybe (just maybe) there was another point to the thread.

  2. #12
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,149

    Re: The 2009 Season in Two Pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhound45
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    Well, you haven't stated anything other than the obvious. So people responding are assuming that you are comparing QBs. There is no comparison between BB and MS. If BB were on the Jets they would probably have had a 1st round bye rather than having to be gifted into the playoffs. BB still has two rings and MS does not.
    Thanks for making my other point. Don't assume.

    If you know me and how I post on this board, then you know I do not make a habit of criticizing Ben. Hence, maybe (just maybe) there was another point to the thread.
    Dude please state your point in clear terms. There are a WHOLE BUNCH of conclusion ramifications from posting a photo of MS with a "he's still playing" caption and a photo of BB with a "he's not playing" caption. I could name ... oh ... probably at least 10 right off the top of my head.

    Don't make posts that force people into assumptions.

  3. #13
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,086

    Re: The 2009 Season in Two Pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhound45
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98
    I fail to see any sort of rational correlation between these two pictures. What does Sanchez have to do with the Jets winning? He's playing efficient football just as Big Ben did ALL YEAR. The Jets got all the help they needed to get in the playoffs and they have the NUMBER ONE DEFENSE and the NUMBER ON RUSH OFFENSE. Soooooo your amusing picture comparison is pretty damn moot. Sorry for being so blunt but these sort of threads are so mind numbing that upon reading I don't know whether to start drooling or punch myself in the face.

    We didn't make the playoffs because our defense was a former shell of it's last year self and we simply weren't finishing ball games, MOSTLY because our DEFENSE wasn't keeping the opposition out of the end zone. Oh but it's Big Ben's fault and SO surprising that a team with the best rush offense and the number one defense is in the playoffs.
    Thanks for making my point.

    You can start drooling (or punching yourself in the face).
    Your second post mentions the fleeting fame of a Super Bowl victory and shows a picture of Sanchez and Ben two people who had little to do with their respective teams making or missing the playoffs. Your post was/is retarded. You should have posted a picture of the Steeler defense and the Jets defense and your point would have been received and acknowledged. Sooooo no you still fail.

  4. #14
    Starter
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    780

    Re: The 2009 Season in Two Pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhound45
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98
    I fail to see any sort of rational correlation between these two pictures. What does Sanchez have to do with the Jets winning? He's playing efficient football just as Big Ben did ALL YEAR. The Jets got all the help they needed to get in the playoffs and they have the NUMBER ONE DEFENSE and the NUMBER ON RUSH OFFENSE. Soooooo your amusing picture comparison is pretty damn moot. Sorry for being so blunt but these sort of threads are so mind numbing that upon reading I don't know whether to start drooling or punch myself in the face.

    We didn't make the playoffs because our defense was a former shell of it's last year self and we simply weren't finishing ball games, MOSTLY because our DEFENSE wasn't keeping the opposition out of the end zone. Oh but it's Big Ben's fault and SO surprising that a team with the best rush offense and the number one defense is in the playoffs.
    Thanks for making my point.

    You can start drooling (or punching yourself in the face).
    Your second post mentions the fleeting fame of a Super Bowl victory and shows a picture of Sanchez and Ben two people who had little to do with their respective teams making or missing the playoffs. Your post was/is retarded. You should have posted a picture of the Steeler defense and the Jets defense and your point would have been received and acknowledged. Sooooo no you still fail.
    Wow, I am so impressed. You called me retarded. I was going to cry but I am over it.

    Have a wonderful day. Tough guy.

  5. #15
    Starter
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    780

    Re: The 2009 Season in Two Pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhound45
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    Well, you haven't stated anything other than the obvious. So people responding are assuming that you are comparing QBs. There is no comparison between BB and MS. If BB were on the Jets they would probably have had a 1st round bye rather than having to be gifted into the playoffs. BB still has two rings and MS does not.
    Thanks for making my other point. Don't assume.

    If you know me and how I post on this board, then you know I do not make a habit of criticizing Ben. Hence, maybe (just maybe) there was another point to the thread.
    Dude please state your point in clear terms. There are a WHOLE BUNCH of conclusion ramifications from posting a photo of MS with a "he's still playing" caption and a photo of BB with a "he's not playing" caption. I could name ... oh ... probably at least 10 right off the top of my head.

    Don't make posts that force people into assumptions.
    Sorry, I did not want to make you think or anything. Hopefully your head does not hurt too much now.

    The point is, for all of the bluster about individual talent and coaching, the bottom line is TEAMS get into playoffs. Hence, it does not matter how good (or not) Mark Sanchez is, his TEAM got into the playoffs (and is still there). Something the 2009 Pittsburgh Steelers TEAM seems to have forgotten. No worries though, they forgot it as well after Super Bowl XL.

    Simple enough for you?



    See, I can do the "rolling eyes" thing too. Another Internet Tough Guy.

  6. #16

    Re: The 2009 Season in Two Pictures

    Look, IMO all Wolf did was express disappointment. We should've been there. No comparison of QBs taken here, I thought it was a pretty good summary of our season. It sucks that we're not playing this weekend. Seems like Wolf just expressed some of that pain we're all feeling.

    I hope the Men of Steel are as pissed off as we are, and can translate that into a different kind of season next year.

    HERE WE GO, STEELERS, HERE WE GO!


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  7. #17
    Starter
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    780

    Re: The 2009 Season in Two Pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    Look, IMO all Wolf did was express disappointment. We should've been there. No comparison of QBs taken here, I thought it was a pretty good summary of our season. It sucks that we're not playing this weekend. Seems like Wolf just expressed some of that pain we're all feeling.

    I hope the Men of Steel are as pissed off as we are, and can translate that into a different kind of season next year.

    HERE WE GO, STEELERS, HERE WE GO!
    And there you have it. Thank you my friend.

  8. #18
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,149

    Re: The 2009 Season in Two Pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhound45
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhound45
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    Well, you haven't stated anything other than the obvious. So people responding are assuming that you are comparing QBs. There is no comparison between BB and MS. If BB were on the Jets they would probably have had a 1st round bye rather than having to be gifted into the playoffs. BB still has two rings and MS does not.
    Thanks for making my other point. Don't assume.

    If you know me and how I post on this board, then you know I do not make a habit of criticizing Ben. Hence, maybe (just maybe) there was another point to the thread.
    Dude please state your point in clear terms. There are a WHOLE BUNCH of conclusion ramifications from posting a photo of MS with a "he's still playing" caption and a photo of BB with a "he's not playing" caption. I could name ... oh ... probably at least 10 right off the top of my head.

    Don't make posts that force people into assumptions.
    Sorry, I did not want to make you think or anything. Hopefully your head does not hurt too much now.

    The point is, for all of the bluster about individual talent and coaching, the bottom line is TEAMS get into playoffs. Hence, it does not matter how good (or not) Mark Sanchez is, his TEAM got into the playoffs (and is still there). Something the 2009 Pittsburgh Steelers TEAM seems to have forgotten. No worries though, they forgot it as well after Super Bowl XL.

    Simple enough for you?



    See, I can do the "rolling eyes" thing too. Another Internet Tough Guy.
    Thanks. Yeah, that's one of the ten possible reasonable interpretations of the genius "this guy is playing" and "this guy is not" photo tandems. I'm not rolling my eyes to be a tough guy. I'm rolling my eyes because you act like your point is so obvious when it is SOOOOO totally not.

    Hence, your post FORCES people into assumptions. Then you chide me for making assumptions?

    Why don't you just walk up to someone on the street and say these words ... "This is what I'm trying to say." Then act like they're an idiot for not getting it. Then congratulate yourself on how your abstract reasoning ability is so above average people. Keep up the good work Einstein.

  9. #19
    Starter
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    780

    Re: The 2009 Season in Two Pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhound45
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhound45
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    Well, you haven't stated anything other than the obvious. So people responding are assuming that you are comparing QBs. There is no comparison between BB and MS. If BB were on the Jets they would probably have had a 1st round bye rather than having to be gifted into the playoffs. BB still has two rings and MS does not.
    Thanks for making my other point. Don't assume.

    If you know me and how I post on this board, then you know I do not make a habit of criticizing Ben. Hence, maybe (just maybe) there was another point to the thread.
    Dude please state your point in clear terms. There are a WHOLE BUNCH of conclusion ramifications from posting a photo of MS with a "he's still playing" caption and a photo of BB with a "he's not playing" caption. I could name ... oh ... probably at least 10 right off the top of my head.

    Don't make posts that force people into assumptions.
    Sorry, I did not want to make you think or anything. Hopefully your head does not hurt too much now.

    The point is, for all of the bluster about individual talent and coaching, the bottom line is TEAMS get into playoffs. Hence, it does not matter how good (or not) Mark Sanchez is, his TEAM got into the playoffs (and is still there). Something the 2009 Pittsburgh Steelers TEAM seems to have forgotten. No worries though, they forgot it as well after Super Bowl XL.

    Simple enough for you?



    See, I can do the "rolling eyes" thing too. Another Internet Tough Guy.
    Thanks. Yeah, that's one of the ten possible reasonable interpretations of the genius "this guy is playing" and "this guy is not" photo tandems. I'm not rolling my eyes to be a tough guy. I'm rolling my eyes because you act like your point is so obvious when it is SOOOOO totally not.

    Hence, your post FORCES people into assumptions. Then you chide me for making assumptions?

    Why don't you just walk up to someone on the street and say these words ... "This is what I'm trying to say." Then act like they're an idiot for not getting it. Then congratulate yourself on how your abstract reasoning ability is so above average people. Keep up the good work Einstein.
    Here is a thought Einstein (yes, I can be sarcastic too). Just because YOU do not get the point, does not mean OTHERS did not. Maybe (just maybe) the point is that we need to look at WHAT happened and then ask ourselves WHY it happened. We assume that various factors played into it (coaches, play calling, defense). The reality is, maybe (just maybe) NONE of them were relevant factors. Maybe (just maybe) it came down to something as simple as leadership and accountability caused the collapse.

    Bottom line, my original post stands on it own. Mark Sanchez is in the playoffs. Ben Roethlisberger is not. The question is not IF they are in the playoffs. The question is WHY.

    Keep up the good work as well. Always a pleasure reading your posts.

  10. #20
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,086

    Re: The 2009 Season in Two Pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhound45
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhound45
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98
    I fail to see any sort of rational correlation between these two pictures. What does Sanchez have to do with the Jets winning? He's playing efficient football just as Big Ben did ALL YEAR. The Jets got all the help they needed to get in the playoffs and they have the NUMBER ONE DEFENSE and the NUMBER ON RUSH OFFENSE. Soooooo your amusing picture comparison is pretty damn moot. Sorry for being so blunt but these sort of threads are so mind numbing that upon reading I don't know whether to start drooling or punch myself in the face.

    We didn't make the playoffs because our defense was a former shell of it's last year self and we simply weren't finishing ball games, MOSTLY because our DEFENSE wasn't keeping the opposition out of the end zone. Oh but it's Big Ben's fault and SO surprising that a team with the best rush offense and the number one defense is in the playoffs.
    Thanks for making my point.

    You can start drooling (or punching yourself in the face).
    Your second post mentions the fleeting fame of a Super Bowl victory and shows a picture of Sanchez and Ben two people who had little to do with their respective teams making or missing the playoffs. Your post was/is retarded. You should have posted a picture of the Steeler defense and the Jets defense and your point would have been received and acknowledged. Sooooo no you still fail.
    Wow, I am so impressed. You called me retarded. I was going to cry but I am over it.

    Have a wonderful day. Tough guy.

    I actually just called your post retarded but whatever. I didn't realize that made me a "tough guy" lol.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •