Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you cry when Pat White got knocked out today?

Starter

User Info Menu

Did you cry when Pat White got knocked out today?

Did you cry when Pat White got knocked out today?

Florio: No, but there was a searing pain in my WV tattoo.
    Woman: "Sir, what have you given us?"
    Benjamin Franklin: "A Republic, madam, if you can keep it."

[youtube:razli5ow]KFXuGIpsdE0[/youtube:razli5ow]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Did you cry when Pat White got knocked out today?

I felt bad for the kid. I liked him alot at WVU (which says a lot since i grew up rooting for pitt and now go to USF). hope he gets well quickly!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    I felt bad for the kid. I liked him alot at WVU (which says a lot since i grew up rooting for pitt and now go to USF). hope he gets well quickly!
    I felt worse when Thigpen got in..

PW got crushed.. This is probably why we didn't run Dixon on too many bootlegs...
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

I felt bad for him, and hope that he recovers fully.

I was quite irritated that Florio misleading referred to the hit as "helmet-to-helmet" in each of his posts describing the hit. The hit was hard and clean, but by referring to it as helmet-to-helmet, Florio riled up his many ignorant readers who thought it was illegal or dirty.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I saw his legs move, so I knew it wasn't spinal...

at that point I became worried that Thigpen (more of a passer) would come in and lead them to scores (which he did).

If you analyze the hit, Timmons tripped White just as Ike was going fro the hit... If White hadn't been tripped and falling, Ike's hit would have been lower and just drove him out of bounds.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq

I was quite irritated that Florio misleading referred to the hit as "helmet-to-helmet" in each of his posts describing the hit. The hit was hard and clean, but by referring to it as helmet-to-helmet, Florio riled up his many ignorant readers who thought it was illegal or dirty.
    agreed completely. I don't even think the helmets touched at all. Florio needs to check his facts if he wants to become legit.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher

agreed completely. I don't even think the helmets touched at all. Florio needs to check his facts if he wants to become legit.
    It was definitetly helmet-to-helmet... BUT

There is no such thing as a helmet-to-helmet penalty when tackling a ball carrier. Could you imagine the number of penalties when a RB hits the whole. They always lead with the helmet, pads low (if they are doing it right). Really no way around making helmet-to-helmet when you are trying to tackle with your pads, and the only thing in front of you is pads, lead by the ball carriers helmet. 15 yarders would be called every other play.

Anytime a QB is in the act of running down field passed the line of scrimmage, he becomes a rusher/ball carrier..... specially when he lowers his pads (and helmet) to try to drive forward.

Perfectly league, clean football.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I cried, My dad jumped out of his chair cussing. It was a very odd feeling. I have never ever felt bad about a Steeler knocking the crap out of someone until it was Pat White. I screamed at the TV and my dad left the room cussing.....Which is not normal for him to do.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Legend

User Info Menu

[url]http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_660629.html[/url]

Dolphins' QB White out of hospital
    By The Associated Press
    Monday, January 4, 2010
    Last updated: 3:10 pm

DAVIE, Fla. — Miami Dolphins rookie quarterback Pat White was out of the hospital and back at the team's training complex today after a scary helmet-to-helmet collision briefly left him motionless.

White left the field strapped down on a cart Sunday after suffering a head injury when he was tackled by Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor. White was released from the hospital after undergoing tests and drove to the Dolphins' complex for a final team meeting before the offseason begins.

"I told him he scared us, man," receiver Greg Camarillo said. "We were all worried about him. You never want to see a guy go down like that. I'm just glad to see he's fine."

White was injured after he replaced starting quarterback Chad Henne, who was sidelined by blurred vision. Henne said he talked to White by phone Sunday night to make sure his teammate wasn't serious hurt.

"To have him back here healthy and knowing there wasn't anything wrong was wonderful," Henne said.

Henne said his vision had improved Monday. He was examined by an eye doctor who attributed the problem to a bruise near the left eye.

The Dolphins lost to Pittsburgh 30-24 and both teams failed to make the playoffs.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher

Not sure what you were watching but this clearly shows helmet-to-helmet @ 0:56:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdakK8ocyq0[/url]