Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Countdown to BA getting on with his life's work thread

Zero can't come soon enough!
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I much as I hate to admit, I don't think he is going anywhere. Ben loves him, and Ben has some pull in the organization.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    I much as I hate to admit, I don't think he is going anywhere. Ben loves him, and Ben has some pull in the organization.
    I feel the same way.. all he has to do is put together the 4th quarter video of the D to protect his job. If the D didn't blow 5 leads this year then people would have proof.

It's like pointing out Jeff Reeds terrible tackling on ST... it's not the reason our ST sucks.

I don't think anyone in management is looking at offensive production as the reason we missed the playoffs.

Hopefully we run more next year..
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

BA isn't going anywhere unfortunately.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    why? I'm just curious... and if he does it makes little sense to constantly bash him.. I

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Rookie

User Info Menu

1) I don't think he is going anywhere.

2) I don't think he should go.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    why? I'm just curious... and if he does it makes little sense to constantly bash him.. I
    Because I don't believe the coaches see it the way fans do. The O for the most part has played well despite popular belief. He is a year removed from a SB. He has a relationship with Ben.

With that said, I don't believe him to be the best man to get the most out of this O. But, I'm not the HC.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Bruce Arians blows as an OC. For all the stats, we are only 13th in scoring. 2nd year in a row our redzone offense is pathetic. We left 3 TD's on the field against Miami and settled for 3. Should have been 4 FG if Heath doesn't make a terrific catch.

I would like to see a stat for Bens passing numbers after initially being contacted. I wouldn't be shocked if 1,500 to 2,000 of his passing yards are after the play Arians calls goes to crap and Ben is running for his life. Is that Arians genius or Ben's athleticism?

Wonder if we had a better OC he would recognize our line blows, and our skill players can match up with damn near any team in the league, and design plays to get the ball in their hands much sooner after the snap and let them make plays with their legs.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    Bruce Arians blows as an OC. For all the stats, we are only 13th in scoring. 2nd year in a row our redzone offense is pathetic. We left 3 TD's on the field against Miami and settled for 3. Should have been 4 FG if Heath doesn't make a terrific catch.

I would like to see a stat for Bens passing numbers after initially being contacted. I wouldn't be shocked if 1,500 to 2,000 of his passing yards are after the play Arians calls goes to crap and Ben is running for his life. Is that Arians genius or Ben's athleticism?

Wonder if we had a better OC he would recognize our line blows, and our skill players can match up with damn near any team in the league, and design plays to get the ball in their hands much sooner after the snap and let them make plays with their legs.
    Ben is going to take 50% of any OC's plays and go sandlot.. When you win 2 SB wins and 503 yards in one game and tons of highlights you don't make him unhappy.