Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arians is calling a great game so far

Backup

User Info Menu

Arians is calling a great game so far

I still don't like him and hope he either gets a clue with regards to a running game or is shown the door.

But he is doing a great job so far this game.

If we get a decent lead (read: if the D can get a single effing stop), lets hope he figures out how to milk the clock to protect this pathetic defense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Arians is calling a great game so far

should have run Mendenhall though inside the 5. I don't understand why FWP was in for those 3 plays.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

So much for that. We get the ball on a pick and they have Holmes try to chuck one deep.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    So much for that. We get the ball on a pick and they have Holmes try to chuck one deep.

And what a play design, having a WR throw it all the way back across the field deep. It's stupid football, stupid play call, and stupid play design. Score should be 28-10 at the half, and it was nearly 17-17 thanks to this stupid play.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy

And what a play design, having a WR throw it all the way back across the field deep. It's stupid football, stupid play call, and stupid play design. Score should be 28-10 at the half, and it was nearly 17-17 thanks to this stupid play.
    To repeat...I DON'T LIKE ARIANS.

But I liked the idea. Go for the jugular after the INT (which I believe was the first one by a Steeler DB since Rod Woodson did it in 1994).

I think it's more on Holmes. He should have eaten that ball when he saw it wasn't open.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by msp26505
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy

To repeat...I DON'T LIKE ARIANS.

But I liked the idea. Go for the jugular after the INT (which I believe was the first one by a Steeler DB since Rod Woodson did it in 1994).

I think it's more on Holmes. He should have eaten that ball when he saw it wasn't open.
    exactly... we wanted creativity and to attack right after an INT.. it wasn't there... Holmes should have ate it
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Once again it comes back to horrible situational play calling. The Steelers offense has been performing well. If you want to go for the jugular and throw deep then have the ****ing QB do it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Damn...sure would have been nice to put points on the board after that pick....

Legend

User Info Menu

WTF does Arians have Ben dropping back deep when in Dolphins territory and he knows they're coming?

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah...I'm glad we ran that trick play when the regular O was working quite well.