Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 49 of 49

Thread: They don't deserve to be in the playoffs

  1. #41
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,343

    Re: They don't deserve to be in the playoffs

    [quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":3g4xmou9
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Why do we demand perfection on Offense... but not on D?
    Why can't you effing get it that people are not letting the D off the hook?

    You're intentionally being obstinate.

    It's annoying.
    For the same reason that the "BA is the devil incarnate" group continues to blame the unit that has provided leads all year, only to have defeat snatched from the jaws of victory by the defense. If we're being obstinate in our support of Arians then the support for the defense is just as obstinate.

    The defense was bad again today.

    Pappy
    Who's giving the D a pass?

    Certainly not me.

    It's the person I've been going back and forth with who is pointing at only one side of the ball for the problem this season.[/quote:3g4xmou9]

    pathetic...

    You keep glossing over the obvious to get back to bashing the better side of the ball this season..

    man up.

  2. #42
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,343

    Re: They don't deserve to be in the playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    Bruce arians and his shotgun 5 wide against the worst defense in the entire world on third and short in the first quarter would be similar to the defense running punt block formation on 3rd and 1.
    or a 7 yard Lebeau cushion on 3rd and 2?

  3. #43
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: They don't deserve to be in the playoffs

    [quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":2sny1dxd
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Why do we demand perfection on Offense... but not on D?
    Why can't you effing get it that people are not letting the D off the hook?

    You're intentionally being obstinate.

    It's annoying.
    For the same reason that the "BA is the devil incarnate" group continues to blame the unit that has provided leads all year, only to have defeat snatched from the jaws of victory by the defense. If we're being obstinate in our support of Arians then the support for the defense is just as obstinate.

    The defense was bad again today.

    Pappy
    Who's giving the D a pass?

    Certainly not me.

    It's the person I've been going back and forth with who is pointing at only one side of the ball for the problem this season.[/quote:2sny1dxd]

    It's not that the defense is given pass, but, any time the defense is criticized it is followed with an excuse why they were terrible, the offense scored too fast, the offense has a lot of yards, but not enough points, the offense didn't grind it out, etc. pick your "I hate Bruce Arians" excuse and insert into any post that criticizes the defense.

    I've said this before, for my money, Bruce can stay or go, he isn't the problem and neither are Lebeau or Tomlin. A couple coaches will become casualties and rightfully so, Ligashesky, Ray Horton and probably Zeirlein. Their units either performed abysmally or regressed (the OL).

    Arians has just become too easy of a target for those that don't like the offense that he has designed. I don't like it either, but I've accepted it in the same manner that I've accepted Ben's style of quarterbacking. Games are a lot more enjoyable once you accept these two things.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  4. #44
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,728

    Re: They don't deserve to be in the playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek

    2 TD's by Thigpen in 3 minutes and we blame BA?
    yes. to call 3 pass plays that took about 30 seconds when we could have ran the ball 3 times and took over 2 mintutes? even if we don't get a first down it burns the clock. he's been doing this all year. up by 2 scores and the other team closes the gap on their last posession and then throw the ball to give the other team the ball right back? dumb.
    I'm not saying BA is perfect.. but damn... you talk about OC's when you are down 27 to 10.. not up 27 to 10.

    You guys have this all backwards. Never in my life have I heard so many people bashing 17 point leads, 14 point leads, 10 point leads, 7 point leads, 3 point... it's the freaking LEAD..

    who is really doing a bad job if you have leads in 14 of your games 4th quarter?
    D gives up a TD after a decent drive by the offense. it sucked. offense goes out runs 3 plays in 30 seconds giving the ball right back to miami. miami then goes down the field and scores another touchdown. in 2:40 miami scores two td's. 17 point lead evaporates. arians refuses to put the other team away. if we had the ball and ran it three times we take the game over. it's ridiculous and he does it EVERY time we have a lead. he refuses to use a fullback on 3rd and 1. he runs stupid gadget plays when we have the opportunity to put a game away. he sucks. he does everything that cowher REFUSED to do when he had an 11 point lead. cowher with an 11 point lead was unbeatable. arians with an 11 point lead is uncertain at best. because our OFFENSE can't keep the ball out of the other teams hands!
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    PBMining

    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  5. #45
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: They don't deserve to be in the playoffs

    I don't have a problem with a wide open attack. The NFL is making rules to favor that sort of thing.

    What I don't like is an OC who seems to show an inability to adjust when something isn't working. I don't like an OC who seems to be severely lacking when it comes to situational play calling. I don't like an OC who seems to out-think himself in the red zone.

  6. #46
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,728

    Re: They don't deserve to be in the playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    Bruce arians and his shotgun 5 wide against the worst defense in the entire world on third and short in the first quarter would be similar to the defense running punt block formation on 3rd and 1.
    or a 7 yard Lebeau cushion on 3rd and 2?
    haha or a wide reciever sweep on 4th and goal. of course out of the spread formation.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    PBMining

    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  7. #47
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: They don't deserve to be in the playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    Bruce arians and his shotgun 5 wide against the worst defense in the entire world on third and short in the first quarter would be similar to the defense running punt block formation on 3rd and 1.
    or a 7 yard Lebeau cushion on 3rd and 2?
    haha or a wide reciever sweep on 4th and goal. of course out of the spread formation.
    Don't forget a pitch to our slowest back...with no counter fake in the opposite direction first of course....

  8. #48
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,343

    Re: They don't deserve to be in the playoffs

    I have to give credit when due.. StlrzD did say I was criticizing the D THIS SEASON!!

    I haven't criticize the D for the hell of it.. last year they performed far above expectations and any criticism of BA was justified..

    but this year the D went somewhere unexpected.... and against the worst in football on offense. The Raiders have a decent D.. but the O?

  9. #49
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,728

    Re: They don't deserve to be in the playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    I have to give credit when due.. StlrzD did say I was criticizing the D THIS SEASON!!

    I haven't criticize the D for the hell of it.. last year they performed far above expectations and any criticism of BA was justified..

    but this year the D went somewhere unexpected.... and against the worst in football on offense. The Raiders have a decent D.. but the O?
    I agree man. our D was well below expectations. but our offense did them no favors. nor did our special teams. our defense gets credit for giving up 8 freaking touchdowns because of special teams and interceptions. alot of people don't realize how important a two gap dominant defensive end is in a 3-4. you need at least one and you need a stout nose. not just one or the other. losing aaron smith was an injury that we couldn't have afforded this year.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    PBMining

    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •