Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49

Thread: They don't deserve to be in the playoffs

  1. #21
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,341

    Re: They don't deserve to be in the playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    felt, nobody disagrees with you. I think ruthless put it in big letters earlier this week.
    since people agree with I shouldn't talk about it? What exactly can be talked about negatively besides our offense without being labeled annoying or trollish?

  2. #22
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: They don't deserve to be in the playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    So StlrzD... Others can say BA blows ALL DAY LONG.. But I cant do the same with the D?

    I know you love the D but let go... I can bash just like others do.. Ignore
    me. I ignore you half the time...
    Again you prove that you simply have no idea what's going on here.

    And this post also proves that your purpose is simply to annoy. IE: Troll.

    No one is giving the D a pass, tiny brain.
    wait... bashing BA isn't trolling but bashing the D is? Weird how Trolling is defined by agreeing with you or a few others..
    No, trolling is your insistence that there is blame on only one side of the ball.

    Trolling is your obstinate insistence that people here are giving the D a pass when they are not.

    That's trolling and you clearly fit that definition when it comes to this topic.

  3. #23
    Pro Bowler Flasteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere on the water.
    Posts
    2,436

    Re: They don't deserve to be in the playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    So StlrzD... Others can say BA blows ALL DAY LONG.. But I cant do the same with the D?

    I know you love the D but let go... I can bash just like others do.. Ignore
    me. I ignore you half the time...
    Again you prove that you simply have no idea what's going on here.

    And this post also proves that your purpose is simply to annoy. IE: Troll.

    No one is giving the D a pass, tiny brain.
    wait... bashing BA isn't trolling but bashing the D is? Weird how Trolling is defined by agreeing with you or a few others..
    You need to put the pipe down Dizz. You are by no means a troll but you are clearly trying to state that the problems rest solely with the defense and you are absolving the offense - particularly Arians - of any fault in this disgrace of a season. To say that you are not is either intentionally trying to stir things up or you are completely blind to the posts you continue to make on the subject.

    You and most of the other BA defenders try to point the finger in one direction and allow it to excuse our imposter of an OC. NOBODY is stating that the defense isn't a huge part of the problem, if not the biggest reason for our collapse.

    IT'S JUST NOT THE ONLY PROBLEM.

    Arians is a problem. He has been a problem since the beginning and he will always be a problem. He needs to go. If you don't agree, that's fine. Apparently you are in the same company as Ben and in all likelihood Tomlin.

    I'm not.



    "I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

    "Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."


    -Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

  4. #24
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,341

    Re: They don't deserve to be in the playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    So StlrzD... Others can say BA blows ALL DAY LONG.. But I cant do the same with the D?

    I know you love the D but let go... I can bash just like others do.. Ignore
    me. I ignore you half the time...
    Again you prove that you simply have no idea what's going on here.

    And this post also proves that your purpose is simply to annoy. IE: Troll.

    No one is giving the D a pass, tiny brain.
    wait... bashing BA isn't trolling but bashing the D is? Weird how Trolling is defined by agreeing with you or a few others..
    You need to put the pipe down Dizz. You are by no means a troll but you are clearly trying to state that the problems rest solely with the defense and you are absolving the offense - particularly Arians - of any fault in this disgrace of a season. To say that you are not is either intentionally trying to stir things up or you are completely blind to the posts you continue to make on the subject.

    You and most of the other BA defenders try to point the finger in one direction and allow it to excuse our imposter of an OC. NOBODY is stating that the defense isn't a huge part of the problem, if not the biggest reason for our collapse.

    IT'S JUST NOT THE ONLY PROBLEM.

    Arians is a problem. He has been a problem since the beginning and he will always be a problem. He needs to go. If you don't agree, that's fine. Apparently you are in the same company as Ben and in all likelihood Tomlin.

    I'm not.
    Booo! Who are to tell me to pipe down and focus my attention on blaming the OC?

    I know BA has deficiencies... but why must I focus on him and not on the other areas? Why must I criticize only who you or any other person on here feels is the problem to be seen as OK with the board?

    Something weird is going on with the BA haters because they are losing their minds when we talk about other areas that need help. People are actually bashing Tomlin and Ben for supporting their OC... Where is the Steeler love?

    Ohh... I get it.. I have to support the BA agenda to be one of the Seeler faithful.

  5. #25
    Hall of Famer DukieBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,981

    Re: They don't deserve to be in the playoffs

    No Arians supporter here. Our red zone offense must be at least lower-third in the league. And that ill-conceived, poorly-timed, and badly-executed play with the Stonio Pass looks like the billboard poster for the "Worst of Air Arians" video.

    On the other hand, our 4th quarter defense must rate 32nd out of the 32 teams.
    PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS






  6. #26
    Hall of Famer Jooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere On the Darkside...
    Posts
    3,815

    Re: They don't deserve to be in the playoffs

    Just a quick question. Since the defense was pretty sucky this year and blew a lot of leads late and everything, does that mean that Dick Lebeau won't be inducted into the HOF as a Steeler?



  7. #27
    Starter
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Out with the chickens...
    Posts
    642

    Re: They don't deserve to be in the playoffs

    Well, from my viewpoint, our offensive play calling and our defensive execution
    have been equally to blame this year.

    On D, I just have to go on record stating that I swear I think someone is
    blackmailing our secondary to lay down on plays. Seriously.

    I don't know about anyone else, but today I saw, yet again, our guys look like
    they literally slowed up long before the ball got to the wide receiver. As much
    as I really like Deshea, he was a prime example on that one TD catch. He looked
    like he slowed up with the ball still 15 yards out from the receiver and looked like
    he never even attempted to catch him to begin with. Sure, he's not a speed
    demon, but even my husband, the hapless foreskin fan, said, "He looked like he
    didn't even try on that play!".

    As for our play calling in the 3rd quarter in particular this year, I have been
    infuriated more times than I want to remember with the lack of screen plays,
    attempts to simply pick up the first down, instead of the long bomb Ben ,
    etc., etc. How is it the opposing teams have the courage to light us up with
    quick short passes to move the chains in the second half and all we can do is either
    run up the middle repeatedly or have Ben circumnavigate the field for half an hour
    looking for someone open on the 5 yard line?

    Sigh.

    I want to join the crowd that says we didn't deserve to be in the playoffs, but
    dammit, we had the talent to do it this year and we flat out blew it.

    Someone said in another thread that KC, Oakland, etc. "put us in this position" and
    I say no way. We simply did it to ourselves. We beat ourselves every time.

    Oh well. Now I just gotta figure out if I am breaking some kind of football creed if
    I were to dare pull, *gag*, for the bungles out of deference to the AFC North or SD
    so that Ben can be in the elite QB class of '04....
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...URES/NCFAN.jpg

    "18 and D'OH!" ---headline on NFL.com 2/5/08

  8. #28
    Hall of Famer DukieBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,981

    Re: They don't deserve to be in the playoffs

    And none of this addresses the Special Teams record-setting Failures.
    PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS






  9. #29
    Starter
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Out with the chickens...
    Posts
    642

    Re: They don't deserve to be in the playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy
    And none of this addresses the Special Teams record-setting Failures.
    Oops, I think I just go numb or on auto-pilot when our STs are on the field...
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...URES/NCFAN.jpg

    "18 and D'OH!" ---headline on NFL.com 2/5/08

  10. #30
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: They don't deserve to be in the playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by NC Steeler Fan
    Well, from my viewpoint, our offensive play calling and our defensive execution
    have been equally to blame this year.

    On D, I just have to go on record stating that I swear I think someone is
    blackmailing our secondary to lay down on plays. Seriously.

    I don't know about anyone else, but today I saw, yet again, our guys look like
    they literally slowed up long before the ball got to the wide receiver. As much
    as I really like Deshea, he was a prime example on that one TD catch.
    He looked
    like he slowed up with the ball still 15 yards out from the receiver and looked like
    he never even attempted to catch him to begin with. Sure, he's not a speed
    demon, but even my husband, the hapless foreskin fan, said, "He looked like he
    didn't even try on that play!".

    As for our play calling in the 3rd quarter in particular this year, I have been
    infuriated more times than I want to remember with the lack of screen plays,
    attempts to simply pick up the first down, instead of the long bomb Ben ,
    etc., etc. How is it the opposing teams have the courage to light us up with
    quick short passes to move the chains in the second half and all we can do is either
    run up the middle repeatedly or have Ben circumnavigate the field for half an hour
    looking for someone open on the 5 yard line?

    Sigh.

    I want to join the crowd that says we didn't deserve to be in the playoffs, but
    dammit, we had the talent to do it this year and we flat out blew it.

    Someone said in another thread that KC, Oakland, etc. "put us in this position" and
    I say no way. We simply did it to ourselves. We beat ourselves every time.

    Oh well. Now I just gotta figure out if I am breaking some kind of football creed if
    I were to dare pull, *gag*, for the bungles out of deference to the AFC North or SD
    so that Ben can be in the elite QB class of '04....
    Deshea had underneath responsibility on that and was drifting back. That was totally the responsibility of the safety. Fail.

    Deshea can't take off downfield until he's certain the ball is in the air.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •