Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: The streak is over!!!

  1. #11
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678

    Re: The streak is over!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    It's sad that a 90 year old Townsend is significantly better than Gay.
    Gay has neither speed nor physicality. I'm completely perplexed as to how he got a starting role.
    Do you remember Gay being bad last year when McFadden was hurt? He was actually pretty good but I think the rush and Troy were hiding how bad he was...

    He is really bad.. I'm hoping it was the LeBeau playbook and Tyrone Carter that beat him more than the other players...

    speaking of Carter? Did he play today?
    Yeah, I saw Carter dancing around like he just stopped the final play to seal the Superbowl, when all he did was trip the WR coming across the middle while the ball was still in the air and the pass was well out of the WR reach. Luckily it was uncatchable or it deserved a flag.

    Deshea may have picked one off, but I also saw #26 looking at the WR back as he caught a TD behind him.

    There is a fine line a player approaches when their veteran presence is valuable, or they are just old......This season Deshea, Carter, Farrior, just looked old.
    @_Hellgrammite

  2. #12
    Starter
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Out with the chickens...
    Posts
    642

    Re: The streak is over!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    It's sad that a 90 year old Townsend is significantly better than Gay.
    Gay has neither speed nor physicality. I'm completely perplexed as to how he got a starting role.
    Do you remember Gay being bad last year when McFadden was hurt? He was actually pretty good but I think the rush and Troy were hiding how bad he was...

    He is really bad.. I'm hoping it was the LeBeau playbook and Tyrone Carter that beat him more than the other players...

    speaking of Carter? Did he play today?
    Yeah, I saw Carter dancing around like he just stopped the final play to seal the Superbowl, when all he did was trip the WR coming across the middle while the ball was still in the air and the pass was well out of the WR reach. Luckily it was uncatchable or it deserved a flag.

    Deshea may have picked one off, but I also saw #26 looking at the WR back as he caught a TD behind him.

    There is a fine line a player approaches when their veteran presence is valuable, or they are just old......This season Deshea, Carter, Farrior, just looked old.
    Actually, I hope it WAS old and not complacent...I wonder if two SBs has done that to
    them...
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...URES/NCFAN.jpg

    "18 and D'OH!" ---headline on NFL.com 2/5/08

  3. #13
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: The streak is over!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    It's sad that a 90 year old Townsend is significantly better than Gay.
    Gay has neither speed nor physicality. I'm completely perplexed as to how he got a starting role.
    Do you remember Gay being bad last year when McFadden was hurt? He was actually pretty good but I think the rush and Troy were hiding how bad he was...

    He is really bad.. I'm hoping it was the LeBeau playbook and Tyrone Carter that beat him more than the other players...

    speaking of Carter? Did he play today?
    Yeah, I saw Carter dancing around like he just stopped the final play to seal the Superbowl, when all he did was trip the WR coming across the middle while the ball was still in the air and the pass was well out of the WR reach. Luckily it was uncatchable or it deserved a flag.

    Deshea may have picked one off, but I also saw #26 looking at the WR back as he caught a TD behind him.

    There is a fine line a player approaches when their veteran presence is valuable, or they are just old......This season Deshea, Carter, Farrior, just looked old.
    Deshea had underneath coverage. He can't take off downfield until the ball has been thrown.

  4. #14

    Re: The streak is over!!!

    I thought Dewayne Washington and Chad Scott were bad.....before I saw the CB's this season...

  5. #15
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,353

    Re: The streak is over!!!

    Ike can't catch, but is a sollid cover CB. The guy opposite- whoever it might be, needs to have some hands to make the QB wary.

    Also, a FS with some playmaking skills will help out CB #2 plenty with over the top coverage- might just make the QB think a little.

    FS needs upgrading- Clark is ok, but strictly a tackler- not a coverage guy.

    Thankfully it's a pretty deep draft for Safties.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  6. #16
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,345

    Re: The streak is over!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Ike can't catch, but is a sollid cover CB. The guy opposite- whoever it might be, needs to have some hands to make the QB wary.

    Also, a FS with some playmaking skills will help out CB #2 plenty with over the top coverage- might just make the QB think a little.

    FS needs upgrading- Clark is ok, but strictly a tackler- not a coverage guy.

    Thankfully it's a pretty deep draft for Safties.
    I thought Clark was OK when Troy was healthy.. his role changes with a guy like Carter in there.. but with a healthy Troy who is a liability in this D? It's clearly Gay...

    I'll add that Gay will get better over time.. IMHO, I'm praying it was "first year starting" LeBeau scheme and he is thinking... instead of doing. It's not the easiest D to learn.
    He was so far out of position at times it was scary.

  7. #17
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    6,624

    Re: The streak is over!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Ike can't catch, but is a sollid cover CB. The guy opposite- whoever it might be, needs to have some hands to make the QB wary.

    Also, a FS with some playmaking skills will help out CB #2 plenty with over the top coverage- might just make the QB think a little.

    FS needs upgrading- Clark is ok, but strictly a tackler- not a coverage guy.

    Thankfully it's a pretty deep draft for Safties.
    I thought Clark was OK when Troy was healthy.. his role changes with a guy like Carter in there.. but with a healthy Troy who is a liability in this D? It's clearly Gay...

    I'll add that Gay will get better over time.. IMHO, I'm praying it was "first year starting" LeBeau scheme and he is thinking... instead of doing. It's not the easiest D to learn.
    He was so far out of position at times it was scary.
    I think that is wishful thinking Felt, Gay just looked lost and overmatched all year. We'll see what the draft brings and then we'll know what the coaches think of his performance.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ra'Shede Hageman - DE
    2.47) Jason Verrett - CB
    3.97) CJ Fiedorowicz - TE
    4.114) Brandon Coleman - WR
    5.145) Lamin Barrow - ILB
    5.173) Terrance Mitchell - CB
    6.176)
    7.207) Jay Bromley - DT
    7.215)

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •