Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arians is calling a great game so far

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Arians is calling a great game so far

Stupid play call, period. Can't pin a bad pass on a ****ing WR.....
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

dumb call

if you want to run a trick play, leave it in the hands of ur best player

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    dumb call

Besides a flea flicker their aren't many trick plays that have the QB throwing the ball..
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    dumb call

Besides a flea flicker their aren't many trick plays that have the QB throwing the ball..
    Which is why you don't call a stupid trick play there when the offense is working.

Backup

User Info Menu

Just to clarify...

I started this thread early in the game. While I didn't hate the trickeration like some here do (It was Mularkey's bread and butter), the play calling at the beginning of the 4th was what changed the momentum and allowed the Dolphins to get back in it.

We all knew the D wouldn't stop them, after all.

I will say that I was pleased with the runs to drain clock on the last drive. Hines doesn't hold and this game is iced before Ike's interception.

(Ha...I just typed the words "Ike's interception".)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by msp26505
    Just to clarify...

I started this thread early in the game. While I didn't hate the trickeration like some here do (It was Mularkey's bread and butter), the play calling at the beginning of the 4th was what changed the momentum and allowed the Dolphins to get back in it.

We all knew the D wouldn't stop them, after all.

I will say that I was pleased with the runs to drain clock on the last drive. Hines doesn't hold and this game is iced before Ike's interception.

(Ha...I just typed the words "Ike's interception".)
    Ha ha, welcome to your alternate universe!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Don't even like QB's thowing back across the field, let alone a WR doing it. The design of the play put the WR in a position to make a cross-field throw. It's a bad design.

Then, instead of running the clock down some toward the end of the half, with a short field for a likely score, you reward the D with an immediate turnover and they are right back on the field to defend again.

Yeah, Stonio should not have thrown it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Everyone keeps saying it was a bad design and thrown across the field. But Tone was running back towards the WR's side...
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Everyone keeps saying it was a bad design and thrown across the field. But Tone was running back towards the WR's side...
    He was running to his left. The WR was on the right.

Horrible play design, horrible timing for the call and horrible decision by Holmes.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Eiter way, it was a dumb play for the situation! Im sure if it was successful i woulda been happy, but iit had no chance. Arians shot himself in the foot there.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285