Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers off. coordinator Arians stays flexible

Re: Steelers off. coordinator Arians stays flexible

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    If by flexible he means predictable...then yes he is very flexible.
    This sounds like the same mantra people used under Cowher. Fans will always claim the offense is predictable.
    Under Cowher the O was predictable for many years. First down...Bettis...second down Bettis...third down pass. There is a reason we won our first SB AFTER Bettis was not able to carry the load. We leaned too heavy on the running game and lacked balance.

Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    One thing these Pro-Arians articles ALWAYS just happen to leave out, is where that points per game number ranks in the NFL. The article will state 7th in passing. It will state the 4,000yds passing for Ben, the 1,000yd seasons for Holmes and Hines. It will mention the catches in a season for Heath. But it never mentions that our points per game ranks 13th in the NFL. Last year we ranked 17th in passing yards per game and freaking 20th in points per game. That is a JOKE!

Keep hanging your hat on those passing numbers and our offense will remain middle of the pack. Bruce Arians offense has struggled two consecutive years from punching the ball into the endzone. He learned nothing from the redzone struggles of 2008 and it has shown in 2009. Can't teach an old dog new tricks, especially when he doesn't give a crap cause he will just find a new job if you don't like him.
    I am not an Arians fan, but per my previous post, this year is shaking out to be a very average ppg offensive output for the Steelers. In fact, looking at the last decade there has been no difference in ppg in the pre- and post-Arians years.

http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3...php?f=2&t=9977

What has helped in the past were some top 10 defenses to go along with the offenses we fielded.
    You unknowingly just helped my point. For all this high octane high flying offense talk, we put up no more points than when we had T.Maddox or Korkie under center. What does that say. Imagine how pathetic we would be if all the components were the same as they are now, but we had Maddox or Korkie under center instead of Ben. I would guess we would be dead last in points per game.

2002 Tied for 8th
    2003 19th
    2004 11th
    2005 9th
    2006 Tied for 12th
    2007 Tied for 9th
    2008 20th
    2009 13th
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

[quote=Mister Pittsburgh]
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mister Pittsburgh":2lvow9h0
    One thing these Pro-Arians articles ALWAYS just happen to leave out, is where that points per game number ranks in the NFL. The article will state 7th in passing. It will state the 4,000yds passing for Ben, the 1,000yd seasons for Holmes and Hines. It will mention the catches in a season for Heath. But it never mentions that our points per game ranks 13th in the NFL. Last year we ranked 17th in passing yards per game and freaking 20th in points per game. That is a JOKE!

Keep hanging your hat on those passing numbers and our offense will remain middle of the pack. Bruce Arians offense has struggled two consecutive years from punching the ball into the endzone. He learned nothing from the redzone struggles of 2008 and it has shown in 2009. Can't teach an old dog new tricks, especially when he doesn't give a crap cause he will just find a new job if you don't like him.
    I am not an Arians fan, but per my previous post, this year is shaking out to be a very average ppg offensive output for the Steelers. In fact, looking at the last decade there has been no difference in ppg in the pre- and post-Arians years.

http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3...php?f=2&t=9977

What has helped in the past were some top 10 defenses to go along with the offenses we fielded.
    You unknowingly just helped my point. For all this high octane high flying offense talk, we put up no more points than when we had T.Maddox or Korkie under center. What does that say. Imagine how pathetic we would be if all the components were the same as they are now, but we had Maddox or Korkie under center instead of Ben. I would guess we would be dead last in points per game.

2002 Tied for 8th
    2003 19th
    2004 11th
    2005 9th
    2006 Tied for 12th
    2007 Tied for 9th
    2008 20th
    2009 13th
    2009[/quote:2lvow9h0]

why do we need 10 more points to win most games this year?

This is coordinator Arians being flexible:

Beyond that, he is pretty much wins the "I Can't Even Spell Adjust" award of the year, decade, century.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

This is coordinator Arians being flexible:

Beyond that, he is pretty much wins the "I Can't Even Spell Adjust" award of the year, decade, century.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

if farrior had made two more plays this year and burnett hadn't dropped an interception - would we be 12-4 with the #2 seed and excited about our high scoring offense??