Thread: Resign Hampton

Rookie

User Info Menu

Resign Hampton

Should we? He made the Pro Bowl and did fairly well this season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Resign Hampton

The fact that he made the Pro Bowl probably just priced him out of the ballpark. He did have a decent year but it was a contract year and in the past he has shown that when on a long term contract he doesn't take fitness and conditioning seriously. You may be able to get away with that at 25 but at 32 it becomes a real issue.

We could tag him while they groom a replacemnt but IMO best solution is to go to a 4-3 defense where it is easier to restock the defensive line with young talent.

Legend

User Info Menu

I hope they re-sign him and not resign him.

I just hope they re-sign him for a reasonable contract. We HAVE to bring him back...who would we replace him with? We then need to do what we need to do to draft Terrance Cody.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It looks like we'll be picking in the same range we drafted Hamp in 01. I think we traded down and took him at #19. He prob won't be back so we may have to go w/ Hoke and a rookie in 2010
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    It looks like we'll be picking in the same range we drafted Hamp in 01. I think we traded down and took him at #19. He prob won't be back so we may have to go w/ Hoke and a rookie in 2010
    I really don't think the Steelers will let him leave unless they land Cody. Hampton could be the hardest guy on the D (besides Troy) to replace. If we are picking #19 we would have a shot at Cody. I have seen predictions of him going from #6 to mid second.

Personally, I think a team will pull the trigger early...there isn't another talent/size like him in the draft. He is unique...at 360 pounds he is extremely quick and agile. He commands double teams. I don't think he will last until #19. If that's the case, we can't let Hampton leave.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Exactly what I was thinking. Hoke has shown he is a good player. Hoke has even shown to be more effective at times. I would go with Hokey-Pokey, a rookie mixed in (Cody), and even trot the 4-3 out there at times with Woodley & Keisel as the DE in the 4-3. Wonder what Harrison would be like lined up as a DE every once in a while in the 4-3 like Dwight Freeney from the Colts. Let him get up under those tall LT.
    @_Hellgrammite