Thread: PFT's Steelers Playoff Hopes Summary

Starter

PFT's Steelers Playoff Hopes Summary

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rent-that-bad/

I'd feel better if NE and Cinci weren't likely to sit everyone

(sorry if this info is contained elsewhere)

Hall of Famer

Re: PFT's Steelers Playoff Hopes Summary

why would they sit players? they are playing for seeding which is huge imo

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    why would they sit players? they are playing for seeding which is huge imo
    Well for cinci, it depends on the outcome of the NE game...

Backup

Now that they moved the Cincy game to Sunday night, seeding won't matter. If the Cheatriots win then in the afternoon they will get the 3 seed and Cincy would get the 4 seed. By the time Cincy plays that evening, they would have nothing left to play for and may very well rest players before the playoffs the following week. The Steelers would get no help what so ever.
    <a href=http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img356/1595/smuj2.jpg target=_blank>http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img356/1595/smuj2.jpg</a>
    ~Props to AS, my sig Consigliere~

"Even the strongest man needs friends.... Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger."
    ~ Don Lucchesi to Vincent

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Mafia
    Now that they moved the Cincy game to Sunday night, seeding won't matter. If the Cheatriots win then in the afternoon they will get the 3 seed and Cincy would get the 4 seed. By the time Cincy plays that evening, they would have nothing left to play for and may very well rest players before the playoffs the following week. The Steelers would get no help what so ever.
    Well, if we win and 1:00 and the Texans lose to New England at 1:00, then we need EITHER the Ravens to lose in Oakland at 4:15, OR the Jets to lose to the Bengals at 8:30. We could potentially clinch a playoff spot before that primetime game kicks off. The Raiders have been giant killers this year, beating the Eagles, Steelers, Bengals, and Broncos, and a cross-country flight will be no picnic for Baltimore.

The NE-HOU game is key. If the Asterisks roll over and allow the Texans to win, then we would need the Ravens, Broncos, and Jets to all lose.

Backup

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Well, if we win and 1:00 and the Texans lose to New England at 1:00, then we need EITHER the Ravens to lose in Oakland at 4:15, OR the Jets to lose to the Bengals at 8:30. We could potentially clinch a playoff spot before that primetime game kicks off. The Raiders have been giant killers this year, beating the Eagles, Steelers, Bengals, and Broncos, and a cross-country flight will be no picnic for Baltimore.

The NE-HOU game is key. If the Asterisks roll over and allow the Texans to win, then we would need the Ravens, Broncos, and Jets to all lose.
    So we have to root for the Raiders and/or the Bengals this weekend? Ugh..I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit!
    <a href=http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img356/1595/smuj2.jpg target=_blank>http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img356/1595/smuj2.jpg</a>
    ~Props to AS, my sig Consigliere~

"Even the strongest man needs friends.... Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger."
    ~ Don Lucchesi to Vincent

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

[quote=Steeler Mafia]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Steeler Mafia":3tvmula9

So we have to root for the Raiders and/or the Bengals this weekend? Ugh..I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit![/quote:3tvmula9]

Yeah...and that is after we must root for New England to win in the early games.

After all of this, we are all going to take a shower like Ace Ventura after he realized that Einhorn is Finkle.

Maybe I am naive, but with all the crap the owner and coach of the Colts are getting today, I hope the other teams will not let up next week to give their starters a "break". I've read alot of stuff online today about the Colts, not only for ruining a perfect season, but that they, in effect, are controlling the AFC playoff outlook. I know, if we played better this season we wouldn't have to worry about this, but now that we are on the outside looking in, it's a different story!

[quote=RuthlessBurgher]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Steeler Mafia":1f64oyls

So we have to root for the Raiders and/or the Bengals this weekend? Ugh..I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit!
    Yeah...and that is after we must root for New England to win in the early games.

After all of this, we are all going to take a shower like Ace Ventura after he realized that Einhorn is Finkle. [/quote:1f64oyls]

HAHA! Finkle, Einhorn. Einhorn, Finkle.

Around the 2:30 mark...

[youtube:1f64oyls]H_v15nCtDnM[/youtube:1f64oyls]

WARNING: Jim Carrey's a$$ shown around 3:00 mark...
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285