Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Houston beats N.E.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: If Houston beats N.E.

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    No one loss by the 8-7 teams gets the Steelers in. There are (2) 2-loss scenarios that work. That would be the Texans & Jets both losing or the Ravens & Texans losing. If the Texans & Jets lose that puts Ravens #5 & Steelers #6. If the Ravens & Texans lose that puts the Jets #5 & Steelers #6. To set up your weekend with the scheduling, here is a look.
    Interesting. I hadn't realized that Ravens and Texans losing also put us through. It must be that the NYJ beat DEN on tie-breaker. Then on the reset for #6 seed, we beat DEN on head-to-head. That's really weird because both the NYJ and DEN would have 7-5 conference records and yet we still beat DEN.

I looked at the tie-break rules again. If we end up in a 3-way with DEN and the NYJ, we get in despite being 6-6 with both of them being 7-5. The ONLY reason that works is that the NYJ would beat DEN on the 1st tie-break step.

So, yes, the HOU game is the key. Maybe the league's having moved the CIN game to Sunday will actually end up helping us out as it would force NE's hand. If they want a guarantee on the 3 seed they have to play to win without seeing how anything else plays out.

IMO, NE has enough incentive to go for the the 3-seed.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I wouldn't count on the Bengals beating the Jets. Regardless of what happens in the NE game.

The team is way too banged up. From the opening game roster on defense we're going to be missing Odom, Roy Williams, Chris Crocker, Domata Peko and now Rey Maualuga. The Odom, Williams, Maualuga injuries don't worry me but Chris Crocker and Peko missing will hurt big time against the Jets...

Legend

User Info Menu

Now, Jom, this is the one time you can be happy and we can too.

You can do it man!!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan

You can do it man!!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

You can do it man!!
    Just don't want you guys to get your hopes up when the Sunday Night game rolls around.

I thought the Jets game would be a tough one before the season started since Rex Ryan is familiar with our team. Now with a pretty banged up team, I don't see us winning.

Although if it helps, I hear that Peko might return for the game now...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Just don't want you guys to get your hopes up when the Sunday Night game rolls around.

I thought the Jets game would be a tough one before the season started since Rex Ryan is familiar with our team. Now with a pretty banged up team, I don't see us winning.

It's all the rage in the media the new term for taking a knee and giving up is called "taking an Indy" I hope the Bengals don't make them change it to "taking a Cincy" :P

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Alright, here is some good news for you guys. Even if NE wins, the Bengals might still have a shot at the #3 seed.

NE has the #3 seed because of Strength of Schedule. After the Vikings dispose of the Bears tonight they will have a five game SOS lead on us.

BUT considering that the Steelers and Ravens will probably win that should put us 4 games closer. So if the Dolphins lose to you guys that means Patriots will go -2 in SOS, while we go +4. Giving us a 1 game advantage. Jags/Browns game should be interesting as well as the Bills/Colts game.

Considering how those games go, even if NE wins we could have a shot of having a better SOS than NE if we beat the Jets.

So you guys might be rooting on the Ravens, Bengals and Browns on Sunday.

I hope that made sense...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Head is spinning Jom...I will just pretend I followed that explanation! Haha.

Seriously, it makes sense, but wow thats deep.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112

You can do it man!!

As long as you play your starters and get up some...I like the Bengals chances. One thing I like about the Bengals is their depth. J.T. O'Sullivan will have plenty to work with. You can't go too far down the roster to rest WRs. So 85 & Coles rest. Still will have Caldwell, Simpson, & Cosby. If you rest up Benson you give a steady diet of Johnson, Leonard, & Scott. The Bengals have some good depth & I don't think resting players will stop them from putting some points on the board. Unless the Bengals truely want to lose this game...Which would get the commisioner's attention....It will be competitive. The Bengals just have to make Sanchez beat them and the Jets might self destruct. 8 & 9 in the box and dare Sanchez. First playoff game for a rookie QB...Lots could happen!!! GO BENGALS!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    Head is spinning Jom...I will just pretend I followed that explanation! Haha.

Seriously, it makes sense, but wow thats deep.
    What can I say, I'm bored at work.

The Jags/Browns game I think is the most important in terms of SOS (Besides the Dolphins/Steelers obviously). Patriots played the Jags, so if they win they get +1 and we get -2. So that's a 3 point swing in SOS right there. If the Browns win, I think the Sunday Night Game will determine the #3 seed regardless of if the Patriots win...