Thread: How do you petition the league or start a protest

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

How do you petition the league or start a protest

I want to protest the CIN/NYJ game being moved to Sunday night on grounds that it compromises meaningful football. How do I that?

Ideally, I would want something where I can get enough signatures to pressure the league into moving this game back to 1 pm, simultaneous with NE/HOU.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: How do you petition the league or start a protest

If I were in Indy, I would be protesting the fact that they yanked out the starting cast in the 3rd Quarter. I would be requesting a refund on my ticket.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73
    If I were in Indy, I would be protesting the fact that they yanked out the starting cast in the 3rd Quarter. I would be requesting a refund on my ticket.
    You realize, you aren't being any help here, right? :P

Rookie

User Info Menu

I'm with you both! Neither situation seems fair to me....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

After some post-reading I realized that the league's moving CIN to Sunday night can actually work in our favor. It turns out that we advance into the playoffs with two 3-way tie-breaks ...

PIT/BAL/DEN
    PIT/NYJ/DEN

The key is that HOU must lose. The fact that CIN plays at night "forces" NE's hand. If they want the 3-seed they must push for victory against HOU.

However, if NE pushes for the victory, depending on a whole bunch of other results, CIN could come into their game with a chance to take the 3-seed as the tie-break between CIN and NE comes down to strength of schedule. If all "goes as planned" tonight and MIN beats CHI, NE would have a 5 game lead on CIN based on SOS. Depending on a whole bunch of other results that SOS power struggle could shift in the Bengals favor.

Now the question is whether or not I'll be a man of principle and protest anyway? But as long as noone helps me protest, I guess I can't do it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

But with the possibility of the Bungals playing the Jets in the first round, plus NE's win possibly making the outcome meaningless, what if the Bungals roll out Jordan Palmer & other scrubs & hand the Jets a win? Would they dare do that with a prime-time game?
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Legend

User Info Menu

Is this is what it has come to for some fans? The Steelers had plenty of opportunities to control their own destiny. If it is meant for them to make the playoffs it will happen.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    Is this is what it has come to for some fans? The Steelers had plenty of opportunities to control their own destiny. If it is meant for them to make the playoffs it will happen.

thank you BURGH86STEEL--the fan in me wants the Steelers to be in the who every year, but the NFL is a business, not in the business of catering to the Steelers.

We lost to 3 atrocious teams--win one the flex scheduling doesn't matter.

If the Steelers and Cincy's situation were switched on Sunday night with the Steelers having nothing to gain and they aren't getting a bye week, wouldn't you want the Steelers to rest players.

What happens if Troy get's the 4 week MCL sprain in the 3rd quarter in the final game? I know there would be a lot of folks on here ready to boil Tomlin/Lebeau in their own oil (probably some would blame arians as well ).

What happens if the game is late and the Steelers are down 3 and it is 4th down and goal at the 25 yard line with 3 seconds remaining.

I mean shouldn't the Steeler kick the tying Field goal and go into overtime to try and give their best effort to win the game. I mean the % suggest that it's a better shot to tie and go into overtime than try a 25 yard TD play?

But most of us would look at the above scenario and say "too bad, so sad, Cincy had a chance during the regular season and blew it." "Same old Bungles"

We just don't like it because we are true Steeler fans at heart, but it is the Steelers Just Rewards for the piss poor showing this season.

brothervad

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

While I applaud the desire to protest/get signatures/submit it, in all seriousness think about the actual timeline... Say you would get it done and submitted by say Wednesday... 4 days to change it all around?. If it actually even carried any weight to the league?.... Not a snowball's chance in Haties...

Oh well.... Just enjoy our last scheduled game in Miami and if the ball bounces the right way, enjoy some extra action.... Otherwise, it's a long couple of months till we see them on the field again.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    While I applaud the desire to protest/get signatures/submit it, in all seriousness think about the actual timeline... Say you would get it done and submitted by say Wednesday... 4 days to change it all around?. If it actually even carried any weight to the league?.... Not a snowball's chance in Haties...

Oh well.... Just enjoy our last scheduled game in Miami and if the ball bounces the right way, enjoy some extra action.... Otherwise, it's a long couple of months till we see them on the field again.

Let's just focus on beating Miami.