Thread: I could be wrong but

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I could be wrong but

if N.E. Beats Houston and Cinci beats the jats and we win....were in.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: I could be wrong but

It doesn't help that the teams we need to lose are all playing at home either.....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Steelgal,

At least we can be hopeful that both the Jets and Houston plays better on the road (5-3) this year than at home (3-4). hey I am grasping at whatever I can at this point.

brothervad

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Not sure about that but I'd expect both cinci and the ***'s to lay down next week, especially if they believe it will keep us out of the playoff picture.

As bad as we all know we've been this year, most of these teams do NOT want to face a bruising, punishing Steeler team in the playoffs, with the game's best defensive player possibly returning. Even if they do get the expected win, it usually comes at a physical cost against us. I'm sure the bungs and the pasties would rather beat a soft Houston or Denver team then have the black n gold boys busting them in the mouf. Lest we forget belichek trying to lose to miami (I think it was) a few years ago to knock us out from a playoff birth

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think both the Bengals and the Pats are looking for the 3rd seed. If so, I expect that they'll both be playing to win.

The Steelers haven't shown either of them anything to fear this year. IMO, we just need to beat Miami, which will be hard enough on it's own.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    I think both the Bengals and the Pats are looking for the 3rd seed. If so, I expect that they'll both be playing to win.

The Steelers haven't shown either of them anything to fear this year. IMO, we just need to beat Miami, which will be hard enough on it's own.
    Maybe the Pats*, but not the Bungals... its hard to beat a team 3 times in the same season.... Especially one that has perennially kick your butt.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAsian

Maybe the Pats*, but not the Bungals... its hard to beat a team 3 times in the same season.... Especially one that has perennially kick your butt.

Angry Asian, or Asian American, or name du jour (didn't you have other nom de plumes as well?) - it is nice to see you around!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan

Angry Asian, or Asian American, or name du jour (didn't you have other nom de plumes as well?) - it is nice to see you around!

I'm a ninja. I'm always around... you just can't see me.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

N.E. must beat houston or we have no shot!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan

I'm a ninja. I'm always around... you just can't see me.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.