Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Manning out

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Manning out

....and that's a wrap. Looks like next week is an exhibition game...with my luck our D is going to play lights out just to kick me while I'm down.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Colts have decided to lay down & roll over...gutless.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VirgilBosett
    Manning would absolutely destroy the Steeler's lame secondary.
    You mean just like he was supposed to do in 2006 ?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Well I can't say that I am surprised, nor really am I pissed at the Colts. Truth is the SuperBowl should be the prize.

No folks...just remember this

Cleveland
    KC
    Oakland
    Baltimore (in Baltimore)

win any one of those games and the Steelers control their own destiny. As bad as they looked just winning one of those games and they control their own destiny.

Next week we will have to root that the scrubinies of the Bengals, Pats, and the starters of the Raiders win next week.

Too many if's, some broke our way, some didn't...we left too many needs to happen this season.

I didn't like the Steelers chances even if they won out. Well the Steelers chickens are coming home to roost.

brothervad

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad
    Well I can't say that I am surprised, nor really am I pissed at the Colts. Truth is the SuperBowl should be the prize.
    Well put.
    Don't be mad at Caldwell (resting his guys & ensuring that the *possibl* most dangerous opponent is prevented from being in the party). It's not a goal of him or his team--the Super Bowl is.

If you want to be mad, be mad at our boys who tanked...

-They are in, and we are not
    -They earned that opportunity (to rest guys), we didn't
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'd be pissed if I was a paying colts fan. Gotta say I'd want my $$ back. Even Peyton looked shamed on the bench as they were getting steamrolled with those alleged "NFL players" that the colts put on the field.

I absolutely don't feel bad because they knocked us out. We did that by losing to cincy weeks ago and then the pathetic showings since as far as I'm concerned. No, I'm just choked as a football fan who wants to watch the best product on the field. I feel that the Football Gods look down on that sort of "resting players/avoiding injury" philosophy. Football karma is a b!tch

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Blount's G
    I'd be pissed if I was a paying colts fan. Gotta say I'd want my $$ back. Even Peyton looked shamed on the bench as they were getting steamrolled with those alleged "NFL players" that the colts put on the field.

I absolutely don't feel bad because they knocked us out. We did that by losing to cincy weeks ago and then the pathetic showings since as far as I'm concerned. No, I'm just choked as a football fan who wants to watch the best product on the field. I feel that the Football Gods look down on that sort of "resting players/avoiding injury" philosophy. Football karma is a b!tch
    I have nothing against what Caldwell did. I may be wrong, but didn't they play Peyton & Co. for over a half? I'd like to think I'd play them regardless, but truth is: I probably employ a similar strategy.

I'd probably go 3/4 for the starters, and pull them for the fourth... something like they did. When they pulled them (or, when I started watching), they were still very much in the game. It wasn't like they threw all the scrubs out there w/o warning, or under an insurmountable deficit.

They were winning, and the scrubs shirley knew they were gonna get those minutes. They just weren't good enough I guess, to hold on.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I thought they/he came out in the 2nd quarter? I was, admittedly, only watching sporadically but I thought it was the first half when they called it quits

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    If you want to be mad, be mad at our boys who tanked...

-They are in, and we are not
    -They earned that opportunity (to rest guys), we didn't
    Much too true.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Blount's G
    I thought they/he came out in the 2nd quarter? I was, admittedly, only watching sporadically but I thought it was the first half when they called it quits
    He played one series in the 3rd. The Colts took the ball, scored a TD in 4:47 and Manning left with about 10 minutes remaining in the 3rd.

It was like a pre-season game.

Play By Play 3rd Quarter
    NYJ elects to Receive, and IND elects to defend the South goal.
    P.McAfee kicks 76 yards from IND 30 to NYJ -6. B.Smith for 106 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
    New York Jets at 15:00
    J.Feely extra point is GOOD, Center-J.Dearth, Holder-K.Clemens.
    NYJ 10 IND 9, 0 plays, 100 yards, 0:12 drive, 0:12 elapsed

J.Feely kicks 72 yards from NYJ 30 to IND -2. C.Simpson to IND 19 for 21 yards (V.Gholston).
    Indianapolis Colts at 14:48, (1st play from scrimmage 14:43)
    1-10-IND 19 (14:43) D.Brown left tackle to IND 23 for 4 yards (B.Thomas).
    2-6-IND 23 (14:05) (Shotgun) P.Manning pass short left to R.Wayne to IND 34 for 11 yards (B.Thomas). P13
    1-10-IND 34 (13:33) D.Brown left tackle to IND 37 for 3 yards (B.Thomas, Ba.Scott).
    2-7-IND 37 (13:05) P.Manning pass short right to D.Clark to IND 44 for 7 yards (Ba.Scott, L.Sheppard). P14
    1-10-IND 44 (12:33) P.Manning pass deep right to A.Collie ran ob at NYJ 32 for 24 yards. P15
    1-10-NYJ 32 (12:23) D.Brown right end to NYJ 26 for 6 yards (J.Leonhard). NYJ-M.Devito was injured during the play. His return is Probable.
    2-4-NYJ 26 (11:39) P.Manning pass deep left to D.Clark to NYJ 7 for 19 yards (E.Smith). P16
    1-7-NYJ 7 (10:5 D.Brown up the middle to NYJ 1 for 6 yards (D.Revis).
    2-1-NYJ 1 (10:20) (Run formation) D.Brown right end for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN. R17
    (Pass formation) TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. D.Brown rushes right tackle. ATTEMPT FAILS.