Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Woodley & Ziggy

Pro Bowler

Re: Woodley & Ziggy

It was nice to see Hood just go down after that INT instead of fighting for the extra 1/2 yard like lots of numbskulls do and risk a fumble. Nice to see players out there THINKING for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    It was nice to see Hood just go down after that INT instead of fighting for the extra 1/2 yard like lots of numbskulls do and risk a fumble. Nice to see players out there THINKING for a change.

You mean like Nick Eason calling for, and then advancing the short kickoff....LMAO!! I didn't realize he called the fair catch, but I was screaming for him to just go down!! He made me quite nervous with that.

Rockon

Loved the inside spin move by Woodley on one of his sacks, he looked like Dwight Freeney! I, probably like a lot of other people, think that if Woodley develops another move to go with his bull rush, he could be unstoppable.

Pete
    It's not what you do, it's how you do it.

Loved the inside spin move by Woodley on one of his sacks, he looked like Dwight Freeney! I, probably like a lot of other people, think that if Woodley develops another move to go with his bull rush, he could be unstoppable.

Pete
    It's not what you do, it's how you do it.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSize

Pete

Imagine how awesome Woodley would be every game if he could play like Feeney does as a 4-3 DE who can just pin his ears back and go after the QB every pass play and not worry about being out in pass coverage chasing RBs and TEs.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by rockonsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility

You mean like Nick Eason calling for, and then advancing the short kickoff....LMAO!! I didn't realize he called the fair catch, but I was screaming for him to just go down!! He made me quite nervous with that.

Rockon
    Well, at least on the "higher stakes" play someone was thinking. I can't tell you how many times I've seen linemen make an INT, then fight for every inch and end up fumbling it back.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    I got to give Woodley props, I spent the whole season ripping into this guy calling him Lamar Haggans...but he's back! Finally in playing shape!
    Even when Woodley wasn't getting sacks, he was nothing like Haggans. Haggans was all speed rush and ran himself out of position to defend the run. Woodley is a pocket collapser and shrinks the running lanes by taking a more direct route to the QB.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    I got to give Woodley props, I spent the whole season ripping into this guy calling him Lamar Haggans...but he's back! Finally in playing shape!
    Even when Woodley wasn't getting sacks, he was nothing like Haggans. Haggans was all speed rush and ran himself out of position to defend the run. Woodley is a pocket collapser and shrinks the running lanes by taking a more direct route to the QB.
    Because he CAN ... Haggans didn't have the physical strength to do what Woodley does. Woodley is definitely a significant upgrade.