Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Ben

  1. #11
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: Ben

    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by williar
    That interception toward the end was ridiculous... Thank God for the holding flag... Hold or no hold, that should have been 6 points to the endzone for Wallace.. Boy! If Ben ever learns how to get the ball to this guy consistently, we have one heck of a weapon on our hands....I hope Ben works on his long ball and accuracy during this off season (fat chance, huh) we can only hope.....
    The flag came out before Wallace ever broke away from Walker. He knew he had a free play and just chucked it out there on the run.

    teecee.
    I doubt Ben saw the flag being thrown he was running for his life and looking to make a play. He saw Wallace but not the safety who was on the move and made the play on the ball.

    Pappy
    They showed the replay on NFLN from behind Ben. The flag flying out from behind Wallace was quite visible.

    Pro QBs know what that flag means when they see it.

    I am not defending him throwing it because I still don't think he should have thrown it...just sayin' that it wasn't some wild, desperation throw done without knowing there was a flag.

  2. #12

    Re: Ben

    Congradulations to Ben but, he needs to shut the hell up. Just on the news Ben was giving credit to Arians and his offense and about how dynamic their offense is and people need to lay off of Arians.

    Looks like Arians will be here for a long time.

  3. #13
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,834

    Re: Ben

    [quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":301d3h5r
    Quote Originally Posted by williar
    That interception toward the end was ridiculous... Thank God for the holding flag... Hold or no hold, that should have been 6 points to the endzone for Wallace.. Boy! If Ben ever learns how to get the ball to this guy consistently, we have one heck of a weapon on our hands....I hope Ben works on his long ball and accuracy during this off season (fat chance, huh) we can only hope.....
    The flag came out before Wallace ever broke away from Walker. He knew he had a free play and just chucked it out there on the run.

    teecee.
    I doubt Ben saw the flag being thrown he was running for his life and looking to make a play. He saw Wallace but not the safety who was on the move and made the play on the ball.

    Pappy
    They showed the replay on NFLN from behind Ben. The flag flying out from behind Wallace was quite visible.

    Pro QBs know what that flag means when they see it.

    I am not defending him throwing it because I still don't think he should have thrown it...just sayin' that it wasn't some wild, desperation throw done without knowing there was a flag.[/quote:301d3h5r]

    dude... even if he saw the flag I doubt he wanted the ball to get picked and would have preferred Wallace catching it and ending the game on an incredible pass play. Stop making excuses.. It wasn't a wild pass, it just wasn't far enough.

    Ben is human.. stop trying to make him into the Spanish beer drinking commercial guy... "He throws pics when he sees the flag just to see what it feels like!" He played well today but we had help from the refs... and Mason!

  4. #14
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: Ben

    [quote=feltdizz]
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":3ibexhcs
    Quote Originally Posted by williar
    That interception toward the end was ridiculous... Thank God for the holding flag... Hold or no hold, that should have been 6 points to the endzone for Wallace.. Boy! If Ben ever learns how to get the ball to this guy consistently, we have one heck of a weapon on our hands....I hope Ben works on his long ball and accuracy during this off season (fat chance, huh) we can only hope.....
    The flag came out before Wallace ever broke away from Walker. He knew he had a free play and just chucked it out there on the run.

    teecee.
    I doubt Ben saw the flag being thrown he was running for his life and looking to make a play. He saw Wallace but not the safety who was on the move and made the play on the ball.

    Pappy
    They showed the replay on NFLN from behind Ben. The flag flying out from behind Wallace was quite visible.

    Pro QBs know what that flag means when they see it.

    I am not defending him throwing it because I still don't think he should have thrown it...just sayin' that it wasn't some wild, desperation throw done without knowing there was a flag.
    dude... even if he saw the flag I doubt he wanted the ball to get picked and would have preferred Wallace catching it and ending the game on an incredible pass play. Stop making excuses.. It wasn't a wild pass, it just wasn't far enough.

    Ben is human.. stop trying to make him into the Spanish beer drinking commercial guy... "He throws pics when he sees the flag just to see what it feels like!" He played well today but we had help from the refs... and Mason![/quote:3ibexhcs]

    You're 100% correct. There's no way a pro QB saw a flag thrown at his receiver as his receiver is being held, there's no way he knew he had a free play and there's no way he was just taking a shot because he knew he had a free play.

    He totally blew it and the officials bailed him out.


  5. #15
    Hall of Famer Jooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere On the Darkside...
    Posts
    3,829

    Re: Ben

    Whether or not he saw the flag or not, if he'd have really stepped into that throw, I think it's a TD for Wallace. He was in a hurry and just kinda jump-skipped and armed down there. Oh well, no biggie, we won. WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

  6. #16
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: Ben

    Quote Originally Posted by Jooser
    Whether or not he saw the flag or not, if he'd have really stepped into that throw, I think it's a TD for Wallace. He was in a hurry and just kinda jump-skipped and armed down there. Oh well, no biggie, we won. WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
    Well keep in mind that he was sprinting to his left and trying to heave the ball to his right...quite a way down the field.

  7. #17
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,857

    Re: Ben

    Wondering if they should design crossing patterns for Wallace instead of these downfield sprints. No CB could keep up with him and then Ben should not be underthrowing it to him. I wish Arians would just leave quietly or I hope Tomlin sees the light.

  8. #18
    Hall of Famer Jooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere On the Darkside...
    Posts
    3,829

    Re: Ben

    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooser
    Whether or not he saw the flag or not, if he'd have really stepped into that throw, I think it's a TD for Wallace. He was in a hurry and just kinda jump-skipped and armed down there. Oh well, no biggie, we won. WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
    Well keep in mind that he was sprinting to his left and trying to heave the ball to his right...quite a way down the field.

    Duly noted, he didn't however, step into it. That throw was all arm. I'm not ragging on Ben at all, he played well, just didn't get everything into that throw that's all.

  9. #19
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,040

    Re: Ben

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast
    Another case of us having lightweight WRs. We need a Colston or A. Johnson type. Those guys don't get shoved around easily.
    Every team could use an Andre Johnson. Dude is the best wideout in the game bar none (and it really isn't all that close, either).

    But both lightweight Holmes (78 catches for 1243 yards) and old man Ward (87 catches for 1106 yards) have outperformed Colston (69 catches for 1071 yards) in both catches and receiving yards this season. Santonio is trailing only Andre and Welker in receiving yards this year.

    With all of the true needs we have throughout the roster, getting a big WR who doesn't get shoved around easily is much more of a "want" than a "need" at this point.

  10. #20

    Re: Ben

    Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN
    Congradulations to Ben but, he needs to shut the hell up. Just on the news Ben was giving credit to Arians and his offense and about how dynamic their offense is and people need to lay off of Arians.

    Looks like Arians will be here for a long time.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •