Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT: Meyer Stepping Down At Florida

Re: OT: Meyer Stepping Down At Florida

There's nothing tough about stepping down from a $4 million gig?

How about the $4 million you're walking away from?

I can see why stlrs doesn't get along with you. You have a very bizarre point of view on many things.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    There's nothing tough about stepping down from a $4 million gig?

How about the $4 million you're walking away from?

I can see why stlrs doesn't get along with you. You have a very bizarre point of view on many things.
    coming from you I take that as a compliment...

Hall of Famer

why would meyer step down at florida for any other reasons then he stated? he isnt coaching any where next season. there arent any better college jobs than florida and they pay him a ton of money.

Pro Bowler

I love his rationale now...he attended practice & saw the hard work & dedication & SURPRISE! He's all ready to go - family & health concerns are over.

But wait! Now there are stories out of Gainesville saying that he had concerns over who might take over the program & where they might take it...that sounds like he's still putting his career over his family & health. I stand by what I said before - drama queen.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Hall of Famer

Some programs (usually big ones) can occasionally have alot more "self-induced" stress from anything such as recruiting to booster expectations....

..... Just sayin'.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Some programs (usually big ones) can occasionally have alot more "self-induced" stress from anything such as recruiting to booster expectations....

..... Just sayin'.
    This is why they are paid insane amounts of money at top tier programs. Like I stated earlier... the whole stress of coaching is nothing new... Most of us are just as stressed if not more stressed than Meyer... He has millions to fall back on and damn near any job he wants if he were to leave UF.

It was a money grab and I bet he gets a new deal befor next year.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    why would meyer step down at florida for any other reasons then he stated? he isnt coaching any where next season. there arent any better college jobs than florida and they pay him a ton of money.
    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler

..... Just sayin'.
    You guys need to stop making so much sense.