Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: Meyer Stepping Down At Florida

Pro Bowler

Re: OT: Meyer Stepping Down At Florida

Of course he did....sheet, the glowing memorial specials aren't even cold yet & he's changing his mind. Somebody else said it best - you can't trust anything that comes out of their mouths.

Also, for those who think it's all too much for Urban...go down the road a bit & watch Bowden - or Paterno - to see how what it's done to their health...c'mon man!
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life
    Of course he did....sheet, the glowing memorial specials aren't even cold yet & he's changing his mind. Somebody else said it best - you can't trust anything that comes out of their mouths.

Also, for those who think it's all too much for Urban...go down the road a bit & watch Bowden - or Paterno - to see how what it's done to their health...c'mon man!
    That's only two out of thousands of college coaches.

Pro Bowler

Eddie Robinson then...how about Tom Osborne? Lou Holtz? John Robinson? Too old-school? Maybe...but he's no different from any of those thousands of coaches you mention in the time they put in & the crap they deal with. Perhaps Urban is the petty drama queen that has been whispered about - he'll be back in full-force before you know it.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Legend

Or perhaps, like any other 45 year old man with a highly stressful job, he's susceptible to health problems. And perhaps he saw his 45 years as being a short time on this earth and decided he needed time off because the health issues scared the life out of him?

Pro Bowler

As I said D...he'll be back on the sidelines next season - Can we not make too big a deal about it? Hey Gators...win one for Coach Meyer - he won't be back till spring practice!

Legend

I love how all of a sudden a coaching job becomes sooooo stressful... It's college for goodness sakes and these guys are making big bucks now. You cannot trust these college coaches... their word is mud. They promise these kids the world then half the time they leave for better jobs and the kid is out of luck.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    I love how all of a sudden a coaching job becomes sooooo stressful... It's college for goodness sakes and these guys are making big bucks now. You cannot trust these college coaches... their word is mud. They promise these kids the world then half the time they leave for better jobs and the kid is out of luck.
    All of a sudden?

You're right...coaching is totally stress free. Not a care in the world. La la la....

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    All of a sudden?

You're right...coaching is totally stress free. Not a care in the world. La la la....
    It hasn't changed in years.. It's like saying Nascar is fast... we know coaching has stress but coaches like Meyer are paid a ton for the stress...

The only stress Meyer has is losing Tebow...

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    All of a sudden?

It hasn't changed in years.. It's like saying Nascar is fast... we know coaching has stress but coaches like Meyer are paid a ton for the stress...

You really just don't understand much, do you?

I don't care how effing much someone is paying me to do a job...if it's causing me to have chest pains that could result in me losing my life prematurely I am stepping down...or at the very least stepping aside to see if the issue can be addressed.

I love all these tough guy, key board warriors.

Legend

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":3r7037bx
    All of a sudden?

You really just don't understand much, do you?

I don't care how effing much someone is paying me to do a job...if it's causing me to have chest pains that could result in me losing my life prematurely I am stepping down...or at the very least stepping aside to see if the issue can be addressed.

I love all these tough guy, key board warriors. [/quote:3r7037bx]

But it's not you..... No one cares if you step down from your job as a soap box operator...

Oh vay! This guy.... what a freaking tool.

The Resident PlanetSteeler "bully" strikes again...

There is nothing tough about stepping down from a 4 million dollar gig...