Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: polamalu has to play next week

Rookie

User Info Menu

polamalu has to play next week

Baltimore has a game on us and as of now owns the tie breaker. Miami we could concievebly lose to and still make the playoffs. Next week is for the 6th spot. we have to have troy, aaron smith too. just have to have them.
    Pittsburgh Steelers records:
    -SBs (6)
    -Chmpnshp Gms (15)
    -Chmpnshp Gms hosted (11)
    -2 away from most plyoff wins
    -ONLY TEAM to play a SUPER BOWL in each decade (as defined by Roman Numerals)
    -Highest rated non-championship playoff since '96.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: polamalu has to play next week

Quote Originally Posted by hholt01
    Baltimore has a game on us and as of now owns the tie breaker. Miami we could concievebly lose to and still make the playoffs. Next week is for the 6th spot. we have to have troy, aaron smith too. just have to have them.

Forget Smith, he's on IR

Legend

User Info Menu

Polamalu won't play until Miami at the earliest. Flacco is struggling a bit this year and we seem to be able to get pressure on him to rattle him. The Steelers can win this game without Troy, they'll need good Ben again, but they can do it.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I was thinking the same thing. If Troy played next week, would he be at only 80%? That is about 100% better than Tyrone Carter! C'mon Troy, we need ya man!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Cold weather - Horrible field. Sounds like Troy better sit this one out.

I would be more surprised to see him play than to not see him play.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think Troy would be the difference maker in this game.

Without him, I don't think we win.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I would love to see Troy play, but it sounds like he won't. We can beat Baltimore without Troy. We nearly beat them in Baltimore without Ben. But something tells me there will be more scoring by both teams in this game.

Backup

User Info Menu

Anyone calling for Troy to come back early is simply living in the moment and being short sighted. We can beat the Ravens without him. We can NOT beat pass happy playoff teams the likes of Indy and San Diego without him.

If he rushes back too early and tweaks the injury we may as well just put him on IR.

Let me remind you we are playing to win hardware not simply make the playoffs. We have a higher standard around here.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MicroBioSteel
    Anyone calling for Troy to come back early is simply living in the moment and being short sighted. We can beat the Ravens without him. We can NOT beat pass happy playoff teams the likes of Indy and San Diego without him.

If he rushes back too early and tweaks the injury we may as well just put him on IR.

Let me remind you we are playing to win hardware not simply make the playoffs. We have a higher standard around here.
    You're joking right? Is it that "short sighted" to ask if the guy can come back 7 days ahead of schedule after he has rested it for almost two months already, with the playoffs *possibly* on the line?

It's amazing how holy Troy has become with our fan base. I'm not questioning that he is hurt mind you... but if this episode had happen 3-4 years ago, imagine the hailstorm that would've come down on "Bustamalu". Now it's like if you even dare question him, you're a short-sighted idiot.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    Quote Originally Posted by MicroBioSteel

You're joking right? Is it that "short sighted" to ask if the guy can come back 7 days ahead of schedule after he has rested it for almost two months already, with the playoffs *possibly* on the line?

It's amazing how holy Troy has become with our fan base. I'm not questioning that he is hurt mind you... but if this episode had happen 3-4 years ago, imagine the hailstorm that would've come down on "Bustamalu". Now it's like if you even dare question him, you're a short-sighted idiot.
    Shoe, totally agree with your post. I don't think 7 days is going to make a huge difference after being out as long as he has. If he is not ready this weekend, then he probably won't heal that much more in 7 days. It might be a big deal if he had only been out two weeks, but he has been out for six weeks.