Thread: It's great to have the whole team back together again.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

It's great to have the whole team back together again.

Of course, in the first game back with everyone finally available, Bylsma decides to rest Fleury and start Johnson! But at least we took the game in OT. I think it shows amazing resolve how much that we are one point away from having the most points in the entire league this season (and we have two more wins than the Caps, who have 46 points to our 45), with so many guys having missed so many games.

Among the forwards, we lost Malkin, Kunitz, Kennedy, and Talbot for long stretches, and were without Gonchar, Orpik, Letang, Goligoski, and McKee on defense for extended periods as well. You've got to hand it to guys like Martin Skoula, Ben Lovejoy, Deryk Engelland, Nate Guenin, Chris Bourque, Chris Conner, and Mark Letestu who contributed in their collective absences.

It is amazing that a couple of fourth-line wingers are tied for second on the team in goals behind scoring (Geno joined them at 9 with his overtime gamewinner this weekend). Hats off to Mike Rupp and Pascal Dupuis who have stepped up in a big way. I like those two guys with Craig Adams in the middle as an amazing 4th line (just like the Cooke-Staal-Kennedy line emerged as an awesome 3rd line last season). Now we can reconstruct some of the lines that brought us great success last season.

Kunitz-Crosby-Guerin
    Talbot-Malkin-Fedotenko
    Cooke-Staal-Kennedy
    Rupp-Adams-Dupuis

Orpik-Gonchar
    McKee-Goligoski
    Eaton-Letang

Fleury
    Johnson

Re: It's great to have the whole team back together again.

I routinely order the sports pack after Christmas, but after last nights shellacking of
    the Philadelphia goons, I'm gonna have to sacrifice my sleep in hopes of actually seeing
    the next Philly beat down on Thursday night.

It'll be a Zombie Friday in Jiga Land.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    I routinely order the sports pack after Christmas, but after last nights shellacking of
    the Philadelphia goons, I'm gonna have to sacrifice my sleep in hopes of actually seeing
    the next Philly beat down on Thursday night.

It'll be a Zombie Friday in Jiga Land.
    As long as you don't repeat Zombie Friday the following week. I doubt the kiddies would appreciate a Zombie Santa.

Gotta love beating the Flyers twice in 3 days.

Gotta love capitalizing on stupid penalties by Carcillo the Rat and Sideshow Bob.

Gotta love how dumb Flyer fans are to keep booing Crosby every time he touches the puck and chanting "Crosby Sucks" more often than "Let's Go Flyers."

Don't the morons realize that they are motivating him further? It's no coincidence that he scores more against the Flyers than any other team in the league.

After leading the blowout on Tuesday, he steps up again with a PPG and the shootout winner. Sweet.

As an aside, I absolutely LOVED the "Let It Snow" commercial by the Penguins for the holiday season featuring Sid's hat trick on hat night.

Pittsburgh

Watching the Flyers do business is almost as pathetic and amusing as watching the Pirates do business.

Every year they go out and sign/trade for these big name players, yet they ignore team chemistry or acquiring the most important piece of the puzzle when it comes to winning a Stanley Cup, a great goaltender. They would rather stress "old school goon hockey", sign a big money player every year and then wonder why they are sitting at home come April-May. These mooks went out and traded two future first round picks, a conditional third round pick, Sbisa (a 19 year old former first round pick) and Lupul for a 35 year old Chris Pronger who's best days are behind him and gave him a seven year contract.

Then they sign Ray Emery in order to solve their goaltending woes...Ray Emery.

the Flyers gave up all of that just for Pronger???

Wow. Idiots.

Welcome to the boards, Pittsburgh. It's nice to have someone else posting on the Pen's board. We don't get a whole lot of action over here, but hopefully that changes soon enough.

Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock
    the Flyers gave up all of that just for Pronger???

Wow. Idiots.
    Yep. For pure amusement purposes, I still read some of the articles out of Philadelphia and some of the remarks made after that trade. It was something along these lines...

"Pronger, the answer to shutting down Crosby.".

"Pronger, the final piece to the puzzle?".

"Pronger saves baby from burning South Philly apartment building.".

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock
    Welcome to the boards, Pittsburgh. It's nice to have someone else posting on the Pen's board. We don't get a whole lot of action over here, but hopefully that changes soon enough.
    Hey thanks D Rock.