Thread: Anyone else find it funny

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Anyone else find it funny

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooser
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooser
    Hey look, it's all about perception. And, wow, oddly enough, the season's success weighs heavily on that perception. His cute little sayings are, well, cute when we're winning. But, they lack substance when we're losing. Go figure. I suppose I'm just a troll. oink, oink
    I don't think you are a troll. Trolls don't oink.

Am I a troll minus the oink then?
    C'mon, now...we all know that you are a bulldog puppy (who oinks for some reason). :P

​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Nothing wrong with calling out Tomlin in a losing season(for right now at 6-7)... especially for the unleashing hell before 2 losses to 2 very bad teams.

However the talk of HC coaching changes and Cowhers players is foolish... dude won a SB and made the playoffs 2 out of 3 years. I'm almost lead to believe those who want Tomlin fired never wanted him to begin with or are not "real fans" because that type of move would be a disaster for the team.

Tomlin should have benched players like he said he would though.... nothing worse then a HC who doesn't back his threats.
    I don't recall reading anything where he actually said he was going to bench any starters. Do you have a link to anything like that?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    Nothing wrong with calling out Tomlin in a losing season(for right now at 6-7)... especially for the unleashing hell before 2 losses to 2 very bad teams.

However the talk of HC coaching changes and Cowhers players is foolish... dude won a SB and made the playoffs 2 out of 3 years. I'm almost lead to believe those who want Tomlin fired never wanted him to begin with or are not "real fans" because that type of move would be a disaster for the team.

Tomlin should have benched players like he said he would though.... nothing worse then a HC who doesn't back his threats.
    I don't recall reading anything where he actually said he was going to bench any starters. Do you have a link to anything like that?
    [url]http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09342/1019170-66.stm?cmpid=MOSTEMAILEDBOX[/url]

Tomlin quickly mentioned his two rookie cornerbacks as most likely to benefit from a change in lineup. Joe Burnett, who dropped an interception that would have staved off Oakland's comeback victory drive with 40 seconds left Sunday, probably will start at left cornerback, whether William Gay (concussion) can play or not.

"It's going to be Joe Burnett," Tomlin said. "Keenan Lewis is going to get an opportunity to play. We want to see both of those guys. They're young guys; they've been working. We want to see both of those guys play."

He said enough to give the impression changes would be made and the current play was unacceptable... I think this kind of Tomlinism is frustrating to some.

He indicated that veteran starting cornerback Ike Taylor might be affected in a shake-up.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

[url]http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09342/1019170-66.stm?cmpid=MOSTEMAILEDBOX[/url]

Tomlin quickly mentioned his two rookie cornerbacks as most likely to benefit from a change in lineup. Joe Burnett, who dropped an interception that would have staved off Oakland's comeback victory drive with 40 seconds left Sunday, probably will start at left cornerback, whether William Gay (concussion) can play or not.

"It's going to be Joe Burnett," Tomlin said. "Keenan Lewis is going to get an opportunity to play. We want to see both of those guys. They're young guys; they've been working. We want to see both of those guys play."

He said enough to give the impression changes would be made and the current play was unacceptable... I think this kind of Tomlinism is frustrating to some.

He indicated that veteran starting cornerback Ike Taylor might be affected in a shake-up.
    And to find out that Keenan Lewis was deactivated after that was disappointing. At least Burnett saw the field more than usual, though.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Suck it up buttercups.
    "Are you crackin' wise? I ought to punch you in the nose, hopscotch."

[url="http://www.moviewavs.com/Movies/Night_At_The_Museum.html"]http://www.moviewavs.com/Movies/Night_A ... useum.html[/url]

:P

Legend

User Info Menu

You gotta love Mickey Rooney in that role.

My son quotes him like crazy after watching Night at the Museum.

Listen up, Lunch Box!

Do you want the job or not, Snack Shack?

Sweet dreams, Cupcake.

Sleep tight, Hotshot.

Keep a lid on it, Butterscotch.

Do you want to dance, Hot Dog?

Look here, Hopscotch!
    Although my daughter prefers quoting the Easter Island Head.

Me no dum-dum. You dum-dum. You bring me gum-gum?

Oh, you in trouble, Dum-dum. You'd better run-run. From Attila the Hun-hun.
    This weekend, I bought them Night at the Museum 2 for Christmas. My wife took them to see it in the theaters when it was out, but I have not seen it yet. Is Mickey Rooney in the second one as well?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not very definitive.

Wolfie - Funny! I didn't care for that movie at all, but he was great in it.

Starter

User Info Menu

You gotta love Mickey Rooney in that role.

My son quotes him like crazy after watching Night at the Museum.

Listen up, Lunch Box!

Do you want the job or not, Snack Shack?

Sweet dreams, Cupcake.

Sleep tight, Hotshot.

Keep a lid on it, Butterscotch.

Do you want to dance, Hot Dog?

Look here, Hopscotch!
    Although my daughter prefers quoting the Easter Island Head.

[quote:199h2x71]Me no dum-dum. You dum-dum. You bring me gum-gum?

Oh, you in trouble, Dum-dum. You'd better run-run. From Attila the Hun-hun.
    This weekend, I bought them Night at the Museum 2 for Christmas. My wife took them to see it in the theaters when it was out, but I have not seen it yet. Is Mickey Rooney in the second one as well?[/quote:199h2x71]

He cracks me up throughout the movie. Too funny. I hate to spoil it for you, but he is not in the second movie. However, I think it is pretty good though.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

Not very definitive.

Wolfie - Funny! I didn't care for that movie at all, but he was great in it.
    Not very definitive is the perfect description for this thread. Moderator please close this thread because the riddle has been solved. Tomlin was not very definitive after a 4 game slide and left enough wiggle room to finess a 5th loss with the stellar CB play.

It actually is kinda funny...
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"